Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

Tekopp, I'm diabetic and would still eat a piece of your cake and I haven't had cake in over a year... but it's beautiful, and well, I LOVE CAKE. :) I've come into this thread several times over the past couple of days to just look at your pictures.

I think your design was beautiful, and the butterflies were awesome!

And also, I agree, those little macaroons were great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

radioaktivitat posted:

Hooray, there's a baking thread! Hopefully you don't mind if I share this rather derpy looking dinosaur cake that I made for my boyfriend's nephew's birthday. He was over the moon with it, apparently. I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out but I don't think it's bad for my first attempt at something like this...:ohdear:

Only the body is cake, the legs/head/neck/tail are solid fondant. I had thought there'd be enough cake left over from trimming the body to make legs etc, but there wasn't. The rocks and leaves for the nest are fondant too and the eggs are chocolate mini eggs. A surprisingly large amount of the time making it was spent on arguing about whether dinosaurs made nests and if so what the nests might look like...

I love it! The nest is totally perfect for it.

• Locked thread