Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Anyone have a good recipe for a really basic chocolate cake (with frosting)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Awesome, thanks, it looks simple enough, although adding the boiling water to the batter seems kind of odd to me.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Fight Club posted:

It is kind of weird, and it will look WAY too runny (careful you don't spray your kitchen with chocolate drips like I did the first time), but it works out, and is super moist after you bake it. I always use dark chocolate, but that's just me.

Well, I just prepared half the ingredients for a smaller test run and it doesn't even look like cake, the battery I mean. It had the consistency of something more like chocolate milk. But I guess I'll find out in about half an hour if it turned out good. Hopefully it does because I need to bake the real cake tomorrow morning.

E: poo poo, I just realized I didn't halve the amount of boiling water. Maybe that's why :(

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

My cake passed the test! Sorry no pictures, forgot to take them before I brought it to my friend's office (it was her birthday) and it was devoured immediately. The only thing I did differently was that I just used one pan, because it's all I had, but I didn't adjust the ingredients accordingly. Luckily it all stayed put and didn't overflow but the center didn't end up cooking fully probably because it was so thick. On the other hand, my friend said it was awesome that I did it like that because she likes it that way so yep, all's good.

I also didn't use Hershey's cocoa powder to the guy asking. I just used whatever we had in the kitchen, and it was just fine.

The frosting I also followed but I thought it was way too sweet. Maybe less sugar next time.

• Locked thread