Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

castlelaw.flv

page 422 home defender's 12 gauge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

MC_ posted:

thought this was a cool pic

hdr this and come back

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

clearchannel owns ad space in the UK.

gahhhhhhh

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Alphabet book I had as a kid:

my favorite:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

lil sartre posted:

WILL SOMEBODY THIKN OF THE CHLIDREN!!

That white text is hard to read without a black outline.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

stubblyhead posted:

i remember seeing a thread in gbs with these, was that you or did someone else have the same book?

it was me

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

HoveringCheesecake posted:

is this a repost? i swear i saw this posted somewhere in lf with translations (for those that are looking for them)

Nah, GBS. Sorta like public outreach...

pintle posted:

I'll take a stab at it. I'm just translating phonetically:

Alphabet something Museum
Close, beamuzem is "let's look at" but it sounds like museum. It's "Let's Look at the Alphabet with Illustrations"

quote:

Jhe 3
As the above noted, it's G-3, which I think was the standard assault rifle from the time of the shah.

quote:

Lala
Tulip, the symbol of martyrdom.

quote:

Uzi
Hehe, an israeli weapon.

quote:

Zid Hawaii (Surface to Air)
right on

quote:

Zob

Yeah, I don't know what zob means. I'm guessing rpg or something. They also call them 'teer' which is literally arrow, but it stands in for missile or any projectile I think.

HoveringCheesecake posted:

is this a repost? i swear i saw this posted somewhere in lf with translations (for those that are looking for them)

Here's a few more:

automobile

padagan, barracks

tank...it looks like a t-34?

jabeh? I don't know what this means. I think assault/attack but there's another, hamleh, for that.

shamsheer, sword

mine, which is what you're supposed to step on to be a martyr.

vadah, I think it's embrace?

revolver, literally 'seven shooter'. when i first posted this, someone pointed out that this is one of the very few and obscure automatic revolvers.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

79 posted:

Wow, reminds me a lot of the megamalls in Istanbul. They have been popping up like mad in the past 10 years. Visited this one last summer, called Istinye Park. It's surrounded by a loving shanty town obscured from view by the highway. Cost $250m to build.

built by danish contractor, lego, inc

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Radd McCool posted:

e: Seriously though, if Niagara Falls is less than 10 hours round trip you should totally make it a day trip

tourist trap as gently caress on the canadian side.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

foolmeister posted:

Organization: Mr. Fanals's high school science club

psh and i bet they didn't even do thermovac testing. how's it going to survive? how did they calculate their safety margins? how rigorous was their V&V review? was assembly done in at least a class 100k room? how-is-this-possible-?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

sweet post, cowcatcher.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Aliquid posted:

i've read up on a few of the weirder ethnic minorities around there and a few claim to be descended from greeks, but it's usually debunked, the blue eyes coming from an older indo-european stock

am i right, or is there documented evidence for descendants of alexander's settler armies?

i've heard kashmiris have a claim to this as it was the furthest extent of alexander's army (sort of)...

^i found this, but it's long and not really interesting http://kashmirforumorg.blogspot.com/2008/10/ancient-greeks-in-kashmir.html

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Aliquid posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuristani

edit here's a muuuuuch smaller group that's about to disappear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalash

edit edit from looking at their gods, they appear more vedic than greek, though the pantheon still holds

seriously this poo poo is interesting, read it

thats it i'm finding a nuristani wife.

looking at the kalash photos i can only think about arya/aryan

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

quote:

Among the many of Grozny's people I passed along the road I met with this man. Confused and dirty, he wandered the wasteland searching for wood and fuel.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=43.301446,45.664544&spn=0.010338,0.017338&z=16

Fallout/STALKER irl

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 3, 2009

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

guidoanselmi posted:

Fallout/STALKER irl
:goonsay:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Mulletstation posted:

loving Robin Hood. Always loving both sides over

:psyduck:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

minato posted:

Why GM needs a bailout

i'd drive the poo poo out of this on the way to the pawn shop.

havent seen this posted:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Mulletstation posted:

has a kickin beach party, spends night in car

wakes up to find alternator is faulty due to legendary pontiac quality

puts car in neutral and tries to start while rolling down beach

rolls in to the water

turns out car floats due to all that plastic

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

holy poo poo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sknyliv_airshow_disaster

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

this would have been a LF challenge if fsad...

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

holy poo poo i just heard that 23% of MPs in the indian parliament have a criminal past

twenty-motherfucking-three percent

the rate of pakistani heads of state is worse :toot:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

who get's corey/gwob's av? heh

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

found a car in my work parking lot. a republican gone galt, which is quite a rare thing.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Trellio posted:

isnt someone who has a car with a "gone galt" sticker at a work parking lot doing it wrong?

he's also working for the government :ssh:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

MentholJones posted:

get this and troll people at the elliott smith memorial wall...

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Fruity Rudy posted:

Denmark Cops vs. New York City Cops:
http://tinyurl.com/dyt3hs

what is right with their culture that is so wrong with ours? :smith:

that youtube doubler is pretty nifty

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

a scary thing happened at FEMA summer camp:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

copenhagen legalize it protest today, about 2,000 people stoned

hurr

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Government posted:

because crippling poverty is still funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

these actually make me nostalgic.

axolotl farmer posted:

wanna play this game as chimp face

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Pussy Noise posted:

well it is a kind of a scary device for people who dont live in a fascist dystopia

i think finland has pretty lax gun laws. to overthrow fascist government/soviets?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

price of dicks where are you?

come out and play

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

McFrogs posted:

judging from his other comments i don't think he's trolling

which group is this...?

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

POTUShead posted:

i'm totally showing this around the office...actually that's a bad idea.

speaking of office. just got this:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Dusseldorf posted:

Doesn't superman do nothing but catch falling airplanes? WTF way to miss two.

four. never forget :911:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

this is all loving surreal. i still can't believe it's over.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

david dees :awesome:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Dot Communism posted:

The Buran and the Energia give me a space boner

My Dad worked for ESA tracking rockets out of French Guiana when I was a kid so I spent a lot of time looking at awesome concept spaceships (and also breaking into an abandoned NASA facility and stealing som cool schematics, now sadly lost)

wouldnt it be awesome if you those were the long lost plans on how to remake the saturn v

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

similar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_rendering uses tonemapping to display the HDR rendering onto a normal display like some (i.e. the notoriously bad photomatix) HDR photo processing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

El Jeffro posted:

actual game

wtf is this poo poo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfsSA6_GrE