Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
I'm looking for a campy parody of an already cheesy workplace safety video (no-click if fake '80s knife wound effects aren't kosher) : Surviving Edged Weapons

The joke one is much shorter, better film quality but amateur work, and it's a handful of (iirc) US soldiers using some free time to demonstrate the "dangers" of everyday life with absurd concealed weapon encounters. The skits were filmed in some military supply building or garage, from the looks of it. A couple of examples were making sure to emphasize the "Popular with prostitutes" line about one item, and having someone act as a belligerent hobo for one segment. They couldn't keep straight composure throughout, but it was still pretty funny in a deliberately bad way. It was on youtube, but I haven't seen it in a couple of years and can't find it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
A few years ago there was a thread dedicated to mocking a terrible animation studio. They basically did bargain basement versions of Disney movies, such as a 101 Dalmatians rip-off and a version of that rat movie. I think they may have been CD-Roms. They featured terrible lip-syncing, missing sound effects, and nonsensical plots where dogs were sent to jail and forced to work in stamp licking factories. My YouTube searches only bring up the proper Disney versions. Help me goons, I wish to mock these animations again.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

netally posted:

A few years ago there was a thread dedicated to mocking a terrible animation studio. They basically did bargain basement versions of Disney movies, such as a 101 Dalmatians rip-off and a version of that rat movie. I think they may have been CD-Roms. They featured terrible lip-syncing, missing sound effects, and nonsensical plots where dogs were sent to jail and forced to work in stamp licking factories. My YouTube searches only bring up the proper Disney versions. Help me goons, I wish to mock these animations again.

Was it related to Animal Soccer World, a terrible PS2 "game" that had characters ripped from Disney?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4sMwSWoSJY

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

netally posted:

A few years ago there was a thread dedicated to mocking a terrible animation studio. They basically did bargain basement versions of Disney movies, such as a version of that rat movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyRCUmNvRE

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
There's some old scientology handbook photoshop threads but a lot of the hosted images are gone, wondering if anyone had those

had stuff like this in it

yes that is a scientology minister above muhammed

and this gem

anyone got more?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

netally posted:

There's a German company called Dingo Pictures, known on SA for poorly animated Disney knockoffs like Aladdin.

This is from their knockoff of The Land Before Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ

There's also a Brazilian company Vídeo Brinquedo that makes low budget CGI ripoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpyRCUmNvRE

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

netally posted:

Ratatoing. Check "More like this" for more like it, such as cars life, tappy feet, and tappy toes!

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alan Smithee posted:

anyone got more?

http://forum.hyeclub.com/showthread.php/3184-I-Love-Scientology!!!!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Ha, thanks goons. Those were the ones. I'd forgotten all about Animal Soccer World and the traced Lion King characters, amazing.

liquorhead
Jul 11, 2002

I can't find this great old video from about 5-8 years back that had a really rough/new comedian that was at an open mic. He was saying something that offended what was likely another comedian in the crowd, and the comedian started roid raging, flexing his muscles, and doing pushups (maybe?) to show what a tough guy he was. Total great meltdown.

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Years ago, a friend of mine linked me to a youtube video of a garage band covering I Wanna Be Your Dog in a room that had a mural of Bob Marley on the wall. Bob was painted poorly, so he was looking up with an expression of near terror, like the cieling was covered with spiders.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

liquorhead posted:

I can't find this great old video from about 5-8 years back that had a really rough/new comedian that was at an open mic. He was saying something that offended what was likely another comedian in the crowd, and the comedian started roid raging, flexing his muscles, and doing pushups (maybe?) to show what a tough guy he was. Total great meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvyPqiauew This one?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Holy poo poo this guy is terrible.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003

liquorhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUoydjPyZOQ
This one? He's amazing.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Man, so, in high school I remember a friend showed me either a picture or a full blown site of some guy's invention. He was some super ripped (possibly long haired? maybe he looked like Tony Little?) Anyway, this guy had invented a Full Body Bicycle. It was some unholy contraption kind of like a round steel cage with wheels that came out at bizarre angles and stuff. I swear I remember an infomercial where he rides this thing, the whole point was you had to use your hands and legs at the same time. If anyone could find it that'd be amazing, it's been killing me lately.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Around 2000 there was a text based game or more like a questionnaire form that was about the continuity problem or the teleporter thought experiment... The goal was to stay alive through a series of choices, like do you get in a teleporter that disassembles your body and reassembles it somewhere else, or being cryogenically frozen to wait for a cancer cure, or have your consciousness uploaded to the matrix. Its pretty much Theseus' paradox, but with sci-fi and consciousness rather than a boat. I've been searching for hours but can only find articles on the philosophical questions it presents, not the game itself. Anyone remember this?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
http://www.philosophyexperiments.com/stayingalive/Default.aspx

The website has plenty of other fun thought experiment games, too.

Boo This Man
Mar 25, 2008

I recall a tool fansite circa 1999/2000 that had several theories linked to their music. I remember they had it hosted on tripod. Recently I have tried to search for the site and I could not find it. Anybody might have a link to put in internet way back machine?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan

ibntumart posted:

http://www.philosophyexperiments.com/stayingalive/Default.aspx

The website has plenty of other fun thought experiment games, too.

Thanks, that is not the same one, but it will do. The one I saw originally had maybe 10 questions and death was almost certain.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

monkey posted:

Thanks, that is not the same one, but it will do. The one I saw originally had maybe 10 questions and death was almost certain.

That sort of rings a bell. Was this on a website that also had a Matrix Flash game that somehow involved the computer predicting which card you'd choose?

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
^^ I recall that flash thing, but not seeing it and the stay alive thing together. It could be, but then again It could also have been from a couple of years earlier which would be before the matrix / flash games existed. About the only other thing I remember from the original is that it was light text on a dark background.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Not quite 'Internet' necromancy, but I need to know what this is. Years and years ago, I remember catching just a little bit of a show that I'm pretty sure was on PBS. The only thing I can remember was a middle aged white guy in his apartment, constantly singing (or 'rapping', since there was no melody) "Who's the king of rock and roll? Tell me, I've just got to know" to himself, over and over again.

If there's a better thread for this, please let me know, this is driving me nuts.

If it helps, the dude looked like someone from Captain Kangaroo, and/or the businessman who gets into the possessed taxi in Ghostbusters.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Not quite 'Internet' necromancy, but I need to know what this is. Years and years ago, I remember catching just a little bit of a show that I'm pretty sure was on PBS. The only thing I can remember was a middle aged white guy in his apartment, constantly singing (or 'rapping', since there was no melody) "Who's the king of rock and roll? Tell me, I've just got to know" to himself, over and over again.

If there's a better thread for this, please let me know, this is driving me nuts.

If it helps, the dude looked like someone from Captain Kangaroo, and/or the businessman who gets into the possessed taxi in Ghostbusters.

Is it possibly related to John Baldry? That sounds like something out of the spoken lyrics of Don't Try To Lay No Boogie-Woogie On The King Of Rock And Roll.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

monkey posted:

^^ I recall that flash thing, but not seeing it and the stay alive thing together. It could be, but then again It could also have been from a couple of years earlier which would be before the matrix / flash games existed. About the only other thing I remember from the original is that it was light text on a dark background.

Okay, now this is tormenting me because that definitely rings a bell. All my Google searches just keep leading back to the game I already linked to, though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

a medical mystery posted:

Is it possibly related to John Baldry? That sounds like something out of the spoken lyrics of Don't Try To Lay No Boogie-Woogie On The King Of Rock And Roll.

I don't think this is it, but I appreciate it, thanks!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

There used to be a webcomic called Simulated Comic Product. It had one particular strip called "Iterative Design Improvements" that ran on 2006-05-04. It was really good and it actually affected the way I feel about my job (engineering), and I'd really like to have a copy of it. It features two office guys talking at a water cooler about improving the design of a landmine, and the last panel is some kids playing soccer with a neglected, half-buried landmine hidden from their view.

SCP was originally hosted on simulatedcomicproduct.com, but later migrated to robotandghost.com, and now both are gone and the archives are nowhere to be found. The internet wayback machine is spotty for them, and I checked many dates and none can properly find the image of Iterative Design Improvements.

What would be really awesome would be a complete archive of the comic, but if anyone could help me find this one strip I'd really appreciate it.

Based on hunting around on the wayback machine, the urls it used to live at were:
http://robotandghost.com/nggallery/page-27/image/156
and later
http://robotandghost.com/wp-content/gallery/2006/2006-05-04-IterativeImprovements.jpg

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

alnilam posted:

There used to be a webcomic called Simulated Comic Product. It had one particular strip called "Iterative Design Improvements" that ran on 2006-05-04. It was really good and it actually affected the way I feel about my job (engineering), and I'd really like to have a copy of it. It features two office guys talking at a water cooler about improving the design of a landmine, and the last panel is some kids playing soccer with a neglected, half-buried landmine hidden from their view.

SCP was originally hosted on simulatedcomicproduct.com, but later migrated to robotandghost.com, and now both are gone and the archives are nowhere to be found. The internet wayback machine is spotty for them, and I checked many dates and none can properly find the image of Iterative Design Improvements.

What would be really awesome would be a complete archive of the comic, but if anyone could help me find this one strip I'd really appreciate it.

Based on hunting around on the wayback machine, the urls it used to live at were:
http://robotandghost.com/nggallery/page-27/image/156
and later
http://robotandghost.com/wp-content/gallery/2006/2006-05-04-IterativeImprovements.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20071212143857/http://simulatedcomicproduct.com/2006/05/04/iterative-design-improvements/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Thank you!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Boo This Man posted:

I recall a tool fansite circa 1999/2000 that had several theories linked to their music. I remember they had it hosted on tripod. Recently I have tried to search for the site and I could not find it. Anybody might have a link to put in internet way back machine?

Can it be this?

http://members.tripod.com/hunk_o_manwich0/

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Maybe 10 years ago (?) someone posted a video where a guy went to Red Lobster dressed up as a fisherman (complete in yellow raincoat) and was telling the bartender how his son was lost at sea or eaten by a giant squid, and then the giant squid came through the door of the restaurant and they had an epic battle. Anyone?

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sasquatch! posted:

Maybe 10 years ago (?) someone posted a video where a guy went to Red Lobster dressed up as a fisherman (complete in yellow raincoat) and was telling the bartender how his son was lost at sea or eaten by a giant squid, and then the giant squid came through the door of the restaurant and they had an epic battle. Anyone?

Wow that sounds funny.

Do you remember any good LOLCATS or awesome All Your Base flashes?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Sasquatch! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--BvXpaGq4

Goon-made, actually.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Danke!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Does someone have a link to the story written by some goon (at least I think it was from here) about a guy working at a desk job that didn't do any work? Like, the company didn't know he existed, though he was getting paid. And then he finds some other guy at a different branch that was in the same situation.

Last time I saw it was maybe five years ago, though I think it was from before I joined SA. It was rehosted on another site when I read it.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

wa27 posted:

Does someone have a link to the story written by some goon (at least I think it was from here) about a guy working at a desk job that didn't do any work? Like, the company didn't know he existed, though he was getting paid. And then he finds some other guy at a different branch that was in the same situation.

Last time I saw it was maybe five years ago, though I think it was from before I joined SA. It was rehosted on another site when I read it.

the american dream. i don't think the original thread got archived anywhere

De Nomolos
Jan 17, 2007

TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine
Why does it seem like more and more of these questions are about YT videos?

You know what I want to find? The contents of the old AOL forums. Any idea where that may be cached? I really want to read my posts about my favorite Spider-Man cards from 1994.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Anyone remember this webcomic?

Basically, It was a bunch of eighties cartoons (He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats) images photoshopped. It was literally terrible shock humour and assholery but for some insane reason I want to read it again?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyone remember this webcomic?

Basically, It was a bunch of eighties cartoons (He-Man, GI Joe, Thundercats) images photoshopped. It was literally terrible shock humour and assholery but for some insane reason I want to read it again?

I remember these, I think. If we're talking about the same thing, they did a ton of Star Trek stuff. It used to be under some Space Lobster domain (don't know if it was hyphenated or a .com, net, or whatever, but it was there. They were also called something like the Golden Age of Comics.

I remember a few of them, one with Riker putting his hand on the shoulder of a young Klingon boy, saying "eat my cock, you space lobster".

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

It was sort of like that weird niche of offensive over the top assholeish comedy yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

De Nomolos posted:

Why does it seem like more and more of these questions are about YT videos?

You know what I want to find? The contents of the old AOL forums. Any idea where that may be cached? I really want to read my posts about my favorite Spider-Man cards from 1994.

I would like the contents of their file servers. I would like the hypercard stack, hyperfnord

• Locked thread