Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44
On Napster there used to be a MP3 that was a fake Dreamcast ad. It had some announcer talking about this new game with Pam Anderson in it our something and a kid yelling "I'm a virgin!". Hah, try finding that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Oh yeah and the SA Podcast, has anyone seen that?

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

There used to be a website that collected information from people around the US on what slag words and terms they used (ex sodapop, calling shotgun) and then plotted it on a map of the US.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

I am looking for a zip folder someone posted on these forms a few years ago. They were prank calls made to people who were really computer illiterate. I remember a few of them were centered around some IRC chat room.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Does anyone know what this image is from? I did a reverse image search and nothing came up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Otaku No Video, one of the first cult hits by Gainax where they parody a documentary about the growing otaku movement of late eighties Japan. Has a story running alongside it that gets crazier as time passes by.

Cool, thank you! It looks like the interviews were staged, but interesting nonetheless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

JohnSherman posted:

What the hell is that game on his computer?

You can find the clip about 24 minutes into the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ybGP3ys4E

The particular part is :NSFW: and the game looks like it's a dating/undress the anime schoolgirls sim.

quote:

If anyone has screen caps or links to anything other than a SA archive of the GBS thread on "Emails from grandma" or something similar,I would be grateful.

What I'm specifically after is the sweet, nutty, gooey, chocolatey "A marine was sitting in a lecture.." center and the following hilarity.

Do you now when it was posted? As far as I know, archives are still unsearchable.

rivid fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 11, 2012

• Locked thread