Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apology
Nov 12, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ApexAftermath posted:

Just have to ask again. Does anyone have the mp3 file of the guy calling tech support and rambling on and on like a psycho and using tech words that make no sense.

It came from this thread.

EDIT: Could someone who is able direct CheSera to this thread in the hopes they still have the mp3 of this!! I will be forever grateful!

I don't have your mp3 but it was really funny.

I'm looking for something similar, and chances are I won't get it. It was an answering machine message from somewhere between 1998 and 2000. It started out when someone posted the actual L.A. phone number on the internet and people began calling it just to hear the message. The message was an Asian man who started out very calmly saying, "If I know you, and you are my friend, please leave a message after the tone. But if I don't know you, then gently caress YOU, YOU NOT MY FRIEND, WHY YOU KEEP CALLING ME, YOU rear end in a top hat---" and on and on until the answering machine ran out of recording space.

I originally heard the message because a co-worker gave me a pink "While You Were Out" message that said "Call Mr. Wang" and had the phone number. It spread virally through similar "While You Were Out" messages and pagers, and every day that it went on it got even funnier because the line was so busy that people would spend half a day calling the number and getting a busy signal before they got through. Someone recorded it as a wav or mp3 and posted it (probably on Usenet) after the number was disconnected.

Anybody else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread