Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

Junk posted:

Does anyone remember school.mov?

I saw it on fugly.com years and year ago. It was this weird video of a pair of muppet children quivering in their desks as a larger muppet teacher in a black cloak stands in front of the blackboard and sings this really depressing song. Somehow I still remember the lyrics.

Little boy, little girl,
welcome to the real world!
Life is fast! There are rules!
That's what you learn in school.
ABC, 123,
And above all listen to me,
'Cause I'm up here! You're down there!
Someone will be above you everywhere!

Then this muppet bird starts singing more verses while the two poor little kids look so terrified. I haven't been able to find it since.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPMm5RE6rj0. The timing's off and the quality's a little low, but it's one of the only two copies I found online.

The same people also made a video of the teacher character running through a park up to the camera reciting the sonnet "Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?" Anyone know where a copy of that one is and/or the identity of the filmmakers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\

stripeysweatergirl posted:

Also, what happened to the Webcrawler Hall of Fame? The 'electric yanni boat' used to make me laugh.

Is this what you're looking for?

Junk posted:

Jesus Christ! Thank you for finding this! Every time I see this thread pop up I ask for it but this is the first time anyone found it. I never saw this second half of it either.

You're welcome. :) Up to this point I'd only seen the first half, too. Somewhere in storage I have a copy of school.mov on a hard drive. If you'd like a copy, send me a message and I'll be glad to send it to you when I find the packing box it's in.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

BlpSoup posted:

Serious request. Can anyone find a flashloop of Ronald McDonald driving in a racecar with a caption that says "lol internet"? Even more importantly, can anyone find the song that's in the loop?

"OVER THE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!"

The flashloop is at http://giyganmage.deviantart.com/art/Lol-Internet-Flash-Version-85609967?offset=10, and it's based on the YTMND http://steamsteamlol.ytmnd.com/.

The YTMND site gives the song as Running in the Nineties by Max Coveri.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Aegri Somnia posted:

Looking for what was pegged as "The last Calvin and Hobbes" strip. It was proven to be a fake, I think, but I'd still like to see it again.

It has the pair walking through the forest, and at the end Calvin says, "Hobbes?" He sees Hobbes as a stuffed tiger. He says "Oh well, I guess he'll catch up" and walks off.

EDIT: It gets talked about in this thread

Is this what you're looking for?

Click here for the full 900x215 image.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Hey, i remember there being a thread about lost SA threads that people were looking for but that seems to of gone so i'm appealling here as i don't want to create a whole new thread just for a link.

A couple of years ago someone posted on here a thread about a program(demo?) you can download, along with plug ins, which is a music converter where you can change standard midi sounds into mario sounds.

I've been looking on and off for about a year and i'm not even close.

The Lost SA stuff thread is still kicking. I don't know the music thread to which you are referring, but hopefully you'll have better luck there -- or that someone in this thread will know (I'm looking at you, YouDummy :)).

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Dabby posted:

There's probably a few of these on the go, but I'm looking for a site that was basically one big puzzle you had to solve. Once you discovered the "trick" on one page you'd get linked to another one. One was a blank screen and you had to highlight everything to see the link, or use some other trick to discover it, and it got harder and harder to progress the more obscure the hints became.

Anyone remember the name of this?

Starno beat me to it, but here's another one for the Python-minded: http://www.pythonchallenge.com/.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Darius posted:

I'm trying to find this short film from a few years back about these humanoid, almost alien looking guys that live in the middle of a big city. I'm pretty sure it starts with a few of them as kids playing on a roundabout at a playground, then they grow up and one of them begins working at a factory where he slowly loses his childhood and gets yelled at by the higher ups. He tries to learn how to recapture those feelings and invents a device called happiness or joy or some such, which he sells to the masses and becomes a huge success. It ends with him looking down on factory workers screaming at them to work harder on his product while one groans and looks out the window to see children playing on the roundabout in the playground.

I'm pretty sure it was all claymation and received some kind of awards or decent recognition, but I can't find it for the life of me. Some of the details might be inaccurate, but that's the jist of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8aFxk0aUuU

Edit: ^^^ Fooley found the video, but the soundtrack has been changed from the original. The original music is Elegia by New Order.

Edit2: I should probably include that the name of the film is "More" by Mark Osborne: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_(short)

CaptainHairdo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 16, 2009

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

PlasticSpoon posted:

I'll put the time of this around 2000.

It was an animation for a new (at the time) game. It had 3d models. It had 2 maybe 3 characters in a small one room house with just a table, I think they were playing D&D? Anyway, all I can remember is "Mom, do you have anymore moumtain dew?!" In a really annoying, whining voice. And the creature saying it had horns curved infront of his face.

Im pretty sure it was about D&D, I remember them saying stuff about adding plus 3 to armor, and then asking stupid nerd questions about the plus 3 to armor (like if it happened in real life).

I know that description is spotty, but this was a 5-6 minute video I saw when I was like 13, tops.

edit: Found my own request by googling different forms of "wheres the mountain dew"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

A little more info on this, if you're interested. The sketch was originally audio only by the Dead Alewives and also included both a prologue and epilogue explaining that Dungeons and Dragons is "Satan's game."

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

YouDummy posted:

There was a site that had pictures of people of various heights and weights. For example, if you clicked on 5'6" 200 lbs, you would get a picture of a man or woman that was 5'6" 200 lbs. Anyone remember it?

Is this the one you are thinking of? http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.shtml

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

andy17null posted:

I'm looking for the story "John Dies At The End," originally hosted on pointlesswasteoftime.com.

Edit: JDATE has been published in hardcover format.

According to Google the pdf is hosted here

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Luna posted:

I'm not sure if this fits the spirit of the thread but I'll ask anyway.

I've been looking to buy/acquire/download music from the band The Hill Valley Preservation Society. They broke up a while back and I can't find anything. I know it was a bit cheesy but I can't control my nostalgia.

It looks like one of the guitarists has made some of the songs available online. I didn't include the url I found here conservatively to avoid filez. If a mod says it's ok, I'll edit this post to include it.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Luna posted:

I don't think it would be a problem as they've been defunct for years and there is no way to get the music. The fact that the guitarist is hosting the songs gives it some legitimacy.

All right. Here it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
\

Mustard Tiger posted:

There was a thread going on a while back about spooky ghost stories. Someone linked a great site made up of stories from goons, called ghostgoons.com. The site went down something like a week after I bookmarked it and I wasn't able to read through them. There was an awesomely scary story I promised to forward a friend and I wish I could find it somewhere, but not even the wayback machine has it archived. I don't remember the title.
If anyone remembers, the author wrote about when their family moved to Italy when he was young and his room had a strange door that led to the roof, and there were these loud metal shutters covering the glass door. There were freaky sounds at night and the shutters creeped him out, and one night the shutters were completely open when they had no reason to be. He saw something (like an old woman at the door?) and screamed his face off. It was a terrifying story. Does anyone know if its hosted anywhere else, or have a link to that exact story on here? I'd buy archives access in a heartbeat if someone could tell me where it is.

That's the Drainlady, and it creeped me out when I read it, too. It's posted at http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=358702099, or if you don't have archives, it's at http://www.creepypasta.com/the-drain-lady/.

• Locked thread