Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
I just switched back from Safari to Opera (latest build, 10-something?), and I can't get Hotmail to work properly. Whenever I load the page, I get the usual Hotmail-banner on the top, and then a looooooooong bit of nothing before I get to the rest of the page. Kingdom of Loathing seems to have the same problem, so I'm guessing it's frame-related. I tried the 'identify as' and 'masquerade as'-options, but they don't seem to do anything, and I have no clue what else I might try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

kapalama posted:

My 'solution' to Opera cannot load this site problems is to wait a couple of days. It does in fact usually work. Ebay and Paypal stop working properly sometimes, and the problems resolve themselves.

But since that is a Microsoft site that might be never fixed. Microsoft used to intentionally hamstring other browsers.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum118/174.htm

First of all, there's no error messages. The pages are just displayed with excessive white space.

Secondly, that's a link from six years ago, when non-IE users were a minority. Microsoft isn't going to boycott anyone, especially with gmail existing. And if they did, it would be better-known issue, while I can't seem to find any pages related to what I'm seeing.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007

Jolan posted:

First of all, there's no error messages. The pages are just displayed with excessive white space.

Secondly, that's a link from six years ago, when non-IE users were a minority. Microsoft isn't going to boycott anyone, especially with gmail existing. And if they did, it would be better-known issue, while I can't seem to find any pages related to what I'm seeing.

Turns out it was just a stupid "fit to width" problem where Opera did some strange zooming with the page. Unchecking the option under preferences -> web pages fixed it.

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
Edit: apologies for this post, turned out to be a case of PEBKAC.

Jolan fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Mar 20, 2010