Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else having issues with RapidShare in the RC? For me, instead of going to the wait page, it attempts to download the file from the URL - an empty 3-4kb file.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My RapidShare issue seems to have fixed itself. Maybe it was on their end.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else have issues with middle-clicking in 10.6? Sometimes when I middle-click a link, it'll open up multiple tabs of it. Or if I middle-click a tab to close it, Opera will close two or three tabs as if I kept middle-clicking in the same spot.

I didn't have this issue in earlier versions.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Opera to Phone owns.

Are there any other extensions worth getting?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
So does Gmail not work in 11.01? I've never had any problems with it before.

edit: to clarify, it hangs once the bar finishes loading, then offers the HTML view after a while.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 28, 2011

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

Clear your cookies. Worked for me the last time this happened.

It still doesn't work. Another new issue I'm having with 11.01 is that it refuses to stay as the default browser, it asks me every time I start it up. The program that's replacing it (K-Meleon), hasn't even been run in months. Opera doesn't show up in the options for default browser in Windows 7 anymore.

Where can I download 11.00? The only issue I had with that was the crashing when favoriting a YouTube video.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Thanks! Just downgraded to 11.00 (installed over 11.01), and Gmail works as great as ever, and Opera shows up in the default programs list again.

Not sure what the deal with 11.01 was. I'll wait for the next version.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone else have a weird issue in Gmail where Opera will add a weird, empty image box after you send a message? This is what it looks like:

It's not a signature. I even tried adding a signature to see if it might disappear, but Opera ended up adding an "image" to the signature too. So I think it might have something to do with the text boxes in Gmail.

If I send emails from other browsers or my phone, these things don't show up. And when I look at mail I've sent using Opera in other browsers, all my messages have these weird empty images. So it's definitely an Opera issue.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

Browser sniffing. It's been like that for at least a few months (since before summer). It's fixed if you Mask As Firefox :

First navigate to http://images.google.com, right click at some blank space -> "Edit Site Preferences" -> Choose the "Network" tab -> And set the Identification field to "Mask As Firefox".

It should start working after that. (you may need to reload the page).

What's Google's objective in doing poo poo like this? Why Opera, but not Firefox?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

AbstractNapper posted:

If it's a keyboard issue only, you could use the slider in the bottom right of the Opera window.

Yeah, you can even just hover your mouse over it and scroll. That's what I usually do.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Oh my god 12.13 is a piece of poo poo. How could they release this?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I've been running 18 for the past few days, and it's been pretty solid. The only thing I wish it had was a working Hangouts extension (the Chrome extension installs, but doesn't let you sign in or anything), but that's never going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

EvilMoFo posted:

On a whim, I installed the new version of Opera (Next so I can keep my good version of 12 intact) to see how bad it is.

Do people actually use this thing? I have no link, I can't customize much of anything, and I can't even import bookmarks.

:wtc: ctrl+tab uses the order of the tabs and thus is loving useless.

I like how it is a worthless, incomplete, husk of what it once was.

I actually do use Opera Next as my primary browser. For some reason, it's been more stable on my PC than Chrome, and all the extensions I have for Chrome besides Hangouts work fine with it. I've yet to encounter any site compatibility issues with it. I do wish I had more customization options, but Chrome has basically zero customization itself so whatever.