Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I just wished there was an option to see the passwords stored in the wand in cleartext.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
How do I set the menu bar to always be that small icon next to my tabs, and still have the icon on a quit/resume?

Because right now the icon and menu bar disappear if I quit/restart.

Edit: Nevermind, it's some upgrade artifact.

Riso fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 1, 2009

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I have problems getting the itms:// thing to work.
I added it to protocols but it always claims I don't have an application registered to it.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Just out of pure curiosity, does anyone else have the problem of all spoiler tags in the forum breaking (as in, displaying the text white on black instead of black on black) when you activate "fit to width"? Has been around for years as far as i can remember.

Also this one is funny: http://my.opera.com/Z1-AV69/blog/z1-glass-for-opera-10-5-build-3206

To be honest, I see it as a feature.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

DuckConference posted:

Are there any plans for better ways of backing up/exporting saved wand passwords? There are a few different files you have to copy out of the profile folder to save them the way it is now.

What are you talking about? The only file you need is wand.dat

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Farts Domino posted:

Google Docs still doesn't open and this time I got a crash report immediately upon opening the first time. I would love to get rid of my 10.10 installation but it's not happening yet

Apart from uploading, 10.5 works on google docs for me.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Asimo posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake. There is one loving nagging little annoyances that I can't actually do anything about this version that is pissing me the hell off. :argh: Namely, this loving thing:

That button. I don't mind the use, but it is big and red and garish as all loving hell on my nice and mostly-monochrome subdued skin. Is there any way to just turn the usual goddamn windows menu on? The main bar has open/save/print etc, but not any of the other options like preferences and such, even if I can toss a bookmark link onto it. Failing that, is there a simple file I somewhere I can just edit the color of (or copy-pasting from a similar skin, etc.)? It's like a goddamn pimple.

You can actually turn that button off. See here http://my.opera.com/Tamil/blog/show.dml/9264931

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Try disabling automatic redirection for the youtube problems.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
gently caress, Opera still has broken fonts in the Linux beta. It's unusable for me.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Cosmopolitan posted:

YAY, fonts are nice again. :woop:

Dunno they seem to have gotten worse for me. 10.10 it is.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
When I tried the 10.70 betas they broke the mouse four and five buttons for back/forward history.

Has the 11 alpha fixed that?

vv you mean I should actually read what's written above? preposterous.

Riso fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 23, 2010

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Did they fix the mouse buttons yet?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Heresiarch posted:

Technically IE8 did tab grouping first but this is a much better implementation.

That's true, still, I kind of wished they'd colour code the groups like IE does.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
By the way, if you don't like Opera 11 hiding the full URL, the setting is appropriately called "Hide URL Parameter".

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Zero The Hero posted:

The group who releases it first "has" it first. And FF has had what is essentially tab stacking for a while through extensions.

Contrary to popular belief, extensions are something most people don't care about, nevermind know.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I use this tool to see my passwords: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/opera_password_recovery.html

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

It doesn't store your passwords unencrypted, if that's what you're worried about, but what do you expect? For it to ask for your email's password every time you open Opera?

If you set a master password, you can make Opera ask for it every time.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Kleptomaniac posted:

So how would I go about forcing Opera to use my own fonts for webpages? It was a very simple thing to accomplish in Firefox but I see no such option in Opera (other than for pages which don't specify a style).

Preferences, Webpages not working for you?

Riso fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Sep 29, 2011

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Does the memory cache option even do anything? I set it to 400mb, and yet Opera is using 1.8 gigs of RAM.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Wheany posted:

Hey cool, 64-bit builds and out-of-process plug-ins are coming:
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/64-bit-opera-and-out-of-process-plug-ins/

Not that I've had any problems with Opera crashing for a long time anyway, but out-of-process plug-ins are still a good idea.

Flash is still locking up Opera good every now and then.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You could always try to point the UserJS folder to the server.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
gently caress. Leave my browser alone Zuckerberg, I am not interested in your facebook.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
While I already paid for Opera once to get it ad free, I don't want to have to do it again because of FB.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I haven't tried any of the betas or rc, but god drat the final sucks. Slow, unresponsive, and freezing all the time.

Yeah, back to 11.64 for me too.

I really don't want to switch to another browser. I got too used to this.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I just installed the Tab Vault extension, in the hope of getting rid of clutter on my tab bar.
As it turns out, 99% of my open tabs refuse to cooperate and it just displays an error.

How useless.

Edit: just realised this does not work if you have javascript turned off.

Riso fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 17, 2012

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Not to forget the Fast Forward feature, allowing you to skip to the next page in an article/forum with a simple press of a button.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Yeah 12.01 is much better than the original release. No crashes, no sluggishness so far.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I installed the x64 version new and now I can't see the link in a tooltip any more like I used to. "Show tooltips" is enabled and the status bar off.

Is this just bugged or did they remove it?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Tesseraction posted:

Have you enabled this option

opera:config#UserPrefs|DisplayLinkTitle

?

Yeah it was on.

However, turning the status bar on and off fixed it.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
^^ Worked for me on Tiger back in the day, but I am using Windows now so I can't help you there.

Myself, I have a strange problem in that I can't access the preferences of any of my installed extensions.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
You also gotta edit the file to put your nick in.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Sergeant Rock posted:

Bear in mind that Flash is hideous; Adobe are sucking rear end as usual, so it may be nothing to do with Opera.

Fixed. Seriously it's the worst plugin. Poor performance and full of security holes.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
There's a way to cap memory cache in preferences, but it doesn't work on already opened pages or something.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
As long as the user interface and features we have gotten used to don't change, I am all for it.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I think by Chromium they mean using that version of webkit, and not just some random other version.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

comments of link posted:

From what I could gather from the article (i read Norwegian) they closed down the Presto department by offering everybody either a move to a different department (mainly mobile and desktop clients) or a severance package. At this point 50-70 people chose to leave. Since then they've also interdependently gotten rid of various other, both technical and non-technical people, for a grand total of 90.

Doesn't sound so bad after all.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I don't think the feel will change, they are just making an under the hood change.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Style sheet didn't load. Force a refresh.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Just in case anyone is wondering, the hardware acceleration is still more trouble than it is worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
The browser's a lot more stable with plugins when you turn the hardware acceleration off.