Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!
New version is nice. Had to turn off the tab animation and windows 7 taskbar integration, but otherwise it seems nice.

For once I can actually use the default theme too instead of using the old Opera 7 one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Hirez posted:

Anyone getting this/know how to fix it? basically all the preferences stuff is unreadable since the text is in white:

I had the exact same problem with the autoupdater upgrade. I uninstalled and performed a fresh install. I just backed up my bookmark and speeddial files. Seemed to fix the issue.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
An annoyance remains from the last Opera version.

I put my tab bar on the bottom. And of course middle clicking closes tabs, but, if you middle click on the edge, the tab bar maximizes. Any way to disable this?

One more issue too that I may as well add. When opening an external link, with Opera as my default browser, Opera opens, but does not open the link. It just opens speed dial, then I have to click the external link again to open the link.

Previously, Opera would open, and I would have two tabs, speed dial and the external link.

Dyscrasia fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 25, 2010

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Casao posted:

You can disable those tab thumbnails and that stops happening, check the Tab page on options.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
New problem I have come across. I have a back and forward button on my mouse, but for some reason, Opera changed the forward button to just be forward rather than fast forward.

So for example, I used to be able to go to the next page of a thread with the fast forward function, but now I cannot because the mouse button is binded to regular forward instead.

I have tried digging through the settings and changing the mouse settings, but nothing is working. Anyone know how to do this?

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Nobdy posted:

I am having the same problem. I tried editing the button binding to be "Forward | FastForward" just like the gesture but it didn't work.

Since the left-right click gesture still works it has only been slightly annoying.

Same boat as me. Must be a bug.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

c0burn posted:

Anyone having problems with the Last Read Post functionality on SA? Sometimes it opens two or three pages back from where I've read in a thread. :(

Same here, its usually like 5 or 6 posts off, sometimes ending up being on the wrong page.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Casao posted:

The browser has 0 to do with either of these. Those are stored server side, so if it's serving you the wrong page, you should post in QCS about it.

It worked fine until I upgrade to 10.5 though.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003

Lakitu7 posted:

Lots of things were causing the hang for me, but youtube was very often the a trigger. After about one crash an hour I've given up and gone back to 1325. Downgrading took about 5 seconds, fortunately. I expected such crashyness with plugins with 64-bit so I purposefully used 32-bit and got it anyway :(.

Same here, even Amazon.com was crashing (flash), I switched back to regular Opera until the next build comes out.

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Yea, I did not realize they were going to replace opera mobil 12 with the new one and got auto updated. I rolled with it yesterday but just grabbed a 12.1.4 apk. The new one is too laggy when scrolling. Not bad otherwise, just too slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
I got sick of opera Mobil a little while back and switched to Dolphin and have been liking it. Stick opera 12 on the desktop though.