Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Anunnaki posted:

I love this feature too. Opera has made Mouse Gestures a staple for me. If the browser doesn't have mouse gestures, it's crap to me now. :colbert:

This. I've been using Opera since 5.21, and when FF 3.0 came out I thought I'd give it a go. After I spent 3 hours downloading and trying different extensions trying to make it function like Opera, I realised it was a waste of time and went back to Opera and never looked back.

Seriously, the way ctrl-tab works in FF drives me loving crazy after being spoiled with Opera's proper ctrl-tab. I can't understand people that are content with the FF/Chrome ctrl-tab.

edit: And yeah, 10.0 alpha seems really sweet, can't wait for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
After upgrading to 10.10 Opera won't drop under 40-50% cpu usage and hogs up 1 gig of memory.

Just great.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

Satire Forum Mom posted:

That is either not normal or not Opera's fault- I've got eight tabs open using ~200 megs and ~15% cpu usage.

I figured it out. If any of my SA tabs were stuck loading an unresponsive ad server, cpu usage jumped to 50%. Cycle through all and press esc, dropped back to normal.

I just updated my urlfilter and now everything works like a charm. Still, weird as gently caress.

edit:

Leshy posted:

I can confirm this.

I read the post about Opera using a lot of CPU, figured I'd check and noticed that mine was on 50% as well. The only thing it was attempting to do at the time was load ad.trafficmp.com - I blocked it through the filter and now Opera is back down to regular numbers. For some reason this particular ad server is really making Opera work.

Yes, this. Maybe I should read all the three new posts the next time before I post.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

EvilMoFo posted:

On a whim, I installed the new version of Opera (Next so I can keep my good version of 12 intact) to see how bad it is.

Do people actually use this thing? I have no link, I can't customize much of anything, and I can't even import bookmarks.

:wtc: ctrl+tab uses the order of the tabs and thus is loving useless.

I like how it is a worthless, incomplete, husk of what it once was.

Holy poo poo, I just did the same. I've been using 12.16 for ages and thought I'd finally upgrade. Like 90% of the settings are gone, you can't move the tab bar, ctrl-tab is retarded, everything is bad. I had no idea this had happened and now I'm sad.