Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

(replying from the other thread)

down1nit posted:

There have been some issues still with syncing notes, something to do with timestamps and computer clocks from what I can make out over in Opera land. Best bet is just to make sure Notes is checked under the sync options on both machines (file > Stop Synchronizing... file > Synchronize Opera > Opera Link Options [boy they need to add a sync options section in preferences]), and post on the forums about it. Havaard, the moderator there sometimes says he can get the "server guys" to do a manual check of someone's account to provide insight if things are not going to plan.

There is no way to print from notes directly, make a request in the wish-list forum though! Notes are very powerful and should be printable. This is probably from the same bug where printing fails if there is any text in a textfield. For instance, I can't print this message I'm typing nor the post reply page as long as i've typed text in this here box.

Thanks, I'll try that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Do they have Opera for Windows CE? My PMP uses CE and neither vanilla Opera or Opera Mobile work on it.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Medina posted:

Yes. My PNA runs WinCE 5 and the unlock tool for it includes Opera and it runs fine (just a bit slow). Try Opera for Pocket PC or Windows Mobile 5.

drat, it installs but when I launch it, it gives me:

'OperaLauncher.exe is not a valid Windows CE application'

I heard there is a way to edit something to force it to run, any idea?

E: It's a MIPS based device

Shazzner fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 12, 2008

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Opera 10 sounds great, but I'm probably going to wait until it gets a stable release since I use opera mail and once you switch over you can't go back.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Stanley Pain posted:

Install it in a seperate directory. That way you can check it out.

I just noticed it installs it to opera preview, checking it out now.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Has anyone had any problems with the DivX webplayer plugin? I get a crash to desktop right when the divx movie starts playing.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Is anyone have problems with embedded flash? Particularly Youtubes in posts glitch out when I scroll down.

Also is there a way to display the page title in the status bar or some sort? It's hard to tell what thread I'm reading when flipping through tabs.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Edit: Nevermind figured it out.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Is there a way I can import a million loving standard certificate authorities so I won't be bothered by the certificate warning? For some reason it only accepts half the certificates and when I close the browser and go back it loses them again. The result is that when I pull any webpages I have to click 'approve, remember' 6 times to visit dangerous unknown websites like gmail.com

It does this on my netbook too where I have to scroll down to click approve and if I wait too long another certificate warning pops up and the approve button greys out. Argh

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Mithaldu posted:

Not 100% sure, but i think there are more options on how Opera should remember the certificate on the second tab of the popup.

Yeah, there is a 'remember this decision' checkbox, but it doesn't seem to work.

Am I the only one with this problem? I've had the certificate warning amnesia bullshit from 10.50 on.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Plorkyeran posted:

It is very likely that your internet connection is compromised and you're getting hit with a mitm attack.

I highly doubt that; I've had this problem wherever I take my netbook to.

Cool, all those dangerous unknown sites like google and facebook work fine in Chrome. Bless me, Opera is a fine piece of work.

Shazzner fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 9, 2010

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

While there is no adblock extension yet, I tried out Privoxy the other day and it was a breeze to setup and it filters almost all ads. You might want to edit user.action to enable gifs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

If anyone is still pulling their hair out because of the non-stop certificate warning errors, I finally found the goddamn solution:
http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=771982&t=1287535300&page=1#comment7389682