Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Git posted:

If I want a shared-QT4, 64-bit build of Opera for Linux, am I hopelessly out of luck?

At the moment, yes. I don't think there's a shared Qt4 build on 32 bit yet either though. Qt 4 is still a bit new, at least in terms of people actually using it rather than Trolltech releasing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

kapalama posted:

That one I don't get. What exactly is it searching for there? A link whose text includes that, or whose actual url includes that?

(I think I am just frustrated about always calling up a link search, when I want a text search, but still I don't get what the link search is all about.)

I just tried this for the first time and can already tell you the answer is a link whose text includes what you're searching for. Search for "Profile" on this page and watch what it returns.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
So, you know that thing where the forums get stuck on element N/N every page? I hadn't had that in ages on Opera 9, but switching to 10 alpha brought it back, and I don't remember what you're supposed to do about it since it's been so long since I cared.

Also, this is a much weirder bug, a few sites have a habit of disappearing completely on load, and unfortunately gmail is one of them. Has anybody encountered this and have any ideas about it?

Edit: Similarly, Megaupload pages won't work, as the download button does not pop up after the timer reaches zero. Also, images that are hidden by javascript powered folds don't show up when summoned, though this may be an older bug. I love Opera for many things, but oh man do I hate it for some.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 12, 2009

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

tismondo posted:

I think Opera 10 is a lot more finnicky about which browser you're identifying yourself as using. Half the websites I use now break if I change it to identify as Firefox. I discovered this because I NEVER identify as Firefox, but happened to do so recently while testing... and everything broke and I couldn't put 2 and 2 together as to why. I eventually figured out it's because I forgot to reset my "Identify as" setting. Worth checking, anyway!

Uh... I don't know how to change this anymore, so it's almost certainly set to the default. Also I've noticed with this build (4214) space doesn't page down or fast forward anymore, though it is mapped to fast forward in the preferences. I'm starting to get annoyed.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

AzraelNewtype posted:

So, you know that thing where the forums get stuck on element N/N every page? I hadn't had that in ages on Opera 9, but switching to 10 alpha brought it back, and I don't remember what you're supposed to do about it since it's been so long since I cared.

Also, this is a much weirder bug, a few sites have a habit of disappearing completely on load, and unfortunately gmail is one of them. Has anybody encountered this and have any ideas about it?

Edit: Similarly, Megaupload pages won't work, as the download button does not pop up after the timer reaches zero. Also, images that are hidden by javascript powered folds don't show up when summoned, though this may be an older bug. I love Opera for many things, but oh man do I hate it for some.

All of this (including the one that was a longer term bug than just the 10 alphas) is gone. Thinking about it, I haven't actaully checked much of this in 4214 (this post was made about 4166 which was the newest in portage at the time) though with my profile, so I'll have to try that and edit in results.

Edit: Yeah, all of these things fail with my profile as is in 4214 and worked with a clean profile. This means something in here is causing me a lot of pain, and I don't know what it is.

Edit 3: ugh the long standing hidden image thing is blatantly my fault, I have a script that forces unloaded images to not take up space. It's primarily used for fixing flow of things where ads are embedded in documents but are now blocked by my urifilter.ini. I have a similar one for iframes, which is why I never had the N/N hold issue before, though these might just be totally unnecessary now.

Edit 4: haha this has got to be annoying by now, but yeah that's what was causing that, and the blanking of gmail and other sites, and the uselessness of megaupload. Gmail is not actually usable at the moment, as it doesn't receive click events, and the naked profile was working, but this is at least a step in the right direction. Unfortunately this means ads that are now blocked still waste space, but the side effects of stopping that were problematic.

Edit 5: gently caress, gmail was failing due to another userjs that was designed to mess with phishing urls, though in practice messed with all sorts of stuff. The javascript heavy linking in that interface must have triggered its poo poo sensors and was silently failing. I think this covers everything from the above quote now, but the below one (and edit 2) is still an issue.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Uh... I don't know how to change this anymore, so it's almost certainly set to the default. Also I've noticed with this build (4214) space doesn't page down or fast forward anymore, though it is mapped to fast forward in the preferences. I'm starting to get annoyed.

This isn't, even on a naked profile (I'm assuming the windows %AppData%\Opera folder is analagous to ~/.opera/). 9.2 Compatible and Opera for UNIX presets all perform the same way.

Edit 2: alt+letter doesn't seem to trigger the items in the menubar anymore, which is really, really bizarre. What the HELL could be wrong with a profile to cause that?

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 17, 2009

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Weird. The latest build available in portage (4345) has the nice crash handler with reporting, but it crashes way more often. Worse is that the tab that triggered the crash will still be in your session so you can't resume a lot of the time, as it will just crash again. I'm not particularly amused by this.

On the plus side, Qt Native style is back.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Welp, that just tought me that middle clicking the tabs closes them instead of fiddling for the x.

Glad they never mentioned that. But eh, thats the Opera experience i guess!

It's also the firefox experience, as they do the same thing there. I turned off the Xs on tabs for that reason.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Ever since updating to 10.60 on my linux box (and having since moved to a 10.70 snapshot) I can't play video that runs in the flash players (old or new version) on youtube. Anything that was new enough to have an html5 version works fine, and the flash player itself loads up and responds to input. It's not just limited to channel pages as the previous poster talking about youtube problems was observing, so it's pretty annoying. Anybody else run into this?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

kapalama posted:

Not that this helps you, but my problem with the Channel View, was the exact opposite: Sound and not picture.

That's not the exact opposite as I get neither (from the video, the vuvuzela button works), but that's interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

feld posted:

I feel left out now that I've come back to Opera as my main browser and we don't haven SALR implementation. Anyone know if it's in the works since we have storage backends and whatnot available now?

What exactly do you want from such a thing? The forums themselves take care of the majority of the lifting, though somebody (biznatchio?) released a userjs that changes the UI to look like the old Opera SALR did. It's probably somewhere in this thread even.