Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Also make sure your directory where Opera stores data isn't readonly. Opera doesn't really notify about when it can't write files except when it's mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Opera 9.64 is out, lots of security fixes.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

That page loads fine here.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Personally using D.T.A. slim.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

If the server isn't serving the file as the correct type there's not much you can do, try adding a new type explicitly with its extension and giving it a fake mime-type?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

So is unite.opera.com loading for anyone else?

Edit: loaded, big reveal is Opera Unite, multiplayer Opera :rolleyes:.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

SecretFire posted:

File/photo sharing, chat, web hosting? Handy I guess, but not exactly groundbreaking unless I'm missing something.
Yeah, big letdown. Revolutionary my rear end.

quote:

"Opera Unite is, in short, a Web server running inside the Opera Web browser. This Web server allows the user to install services and share these services with their friends and colleagues (or everyone, if they wish). The interaction is all done via a central Opera Unite server — Opera Unite uses a proxy between the server and its clients (found at operaunite.com) to avoid the need for any special firewall configuration."

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Try opening the properties of the bookmark (right-click, Properties) then click OK.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Another thing to check for crash problems: plugins.

Look at the plugins list (opera:plugins) to see if there's anything naughty. If there is, remove 'em. I removed a bunch a month or so ago that I never realized were getting loaded and havn't had Opera crash since. I've removed or disabled basically anything unnecessary, leaving only Flash and Silverlight (+ WPF) enabled.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

GobyWan posted:

RC time! It takes over the main Opera path and upgrades your 9.x now instead of using the beta path, so if you want to keep 9.64 for now you should probably not install this yet.
Finally, time to dive into 10.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Are the RCs supposed to show up in "Check for Updates"? Tells me RC1 is the latest version.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Syrg posted:

So yeah.
Oops, completely missed that.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Anunnaki posted:

What the hell are you rambling on about?
Probably this,

Old:

New:

I don't see how that can annoy someone that much though.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

kapalama posted:

That;s what seemed to make it happen, but it only sometimes happens.
You can also trigger it via Ctrl+Tab.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Ape Agitator posted:

so it's a race against time to press F3 so no dawdling or thinking about what you want to look for
If only Opera had options for keyboard shortcuts.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

• Noninteractable white boxes appearing that persist in restarts. A friend said this is stuff not loading that shows up after a restart but it hasn't for me.
  • MDI is very broken, windows constantly being placed off-screen, etc, where I have to do Window > Maximize All to fix it. Minimize/maximize/close buttons completely gone.
  • Font rendering in textareas hosed? (did they change the default font?) Edit: I think it switched to using Consolas now for monospace areas, don't remember what the font was before.
  • Font rendering in UI area is showing black text with a dark gray shadow on a black transluent background.
  • Tiny bubbles in the bottom-right of tabs to indicate that they have loaded while not in focus, replacing the old way it was with the page icon.
  • This new gray bar in the bottom left refuses to die. Customize appearance won't let me remove it. Figured this one out.

I know most of this will probably be fixed with a clean install, but that is really, really annoying for an upgrade build.

:argh::argh:

Edit: the password manager is now an in-page popup, what the hell?

gibbed fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 2, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

thrawn86 posted:

^^ 10.5 wouldn't show up in autoupdate so I did a clean install, and I have both transparent tabs and the pop down password manager. also the update bubbles are gone, yay.
Whoops, I meant upgrade, not update.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Lakitu7 posted:

I looked at an old install on my Laptop and found that the old font for textinput boxes was Courier New, in case someone wants to switch back from the current one (Consolas).
Thank you. Consolas rules but for some reason it renders really oddly in the inputs.

Edit: heh, still broken with Courier New. Guess I'll put the effort into clean installing soon.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 3, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Haha. If an image served by waffleimages is loaded into the page, and there's a link to the same image (to the proper img.waffleimages.com server) on the same page, when you right-click, Copy Link Address, it copies the served image's address instead of the real link, even though it shows the correct URL in the statusbar. :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Bonus posted:

Is it just me or do fonts look better and sharper in 10.60?
Oh hey I didn't notice it until just now but that font bug from awhile ago is gone. :woop:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Wheany posted:

God dammit, why do they keep loving around with the context menus? At least they made "Image properties" the last menu item again, but now they made "Search" the first menu item when text is selected.
Yeah, I've hit search instead of copy over a dozen times now due to reflex.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

This is a weird issue, but does keyboard input stop working in Opera when a UAC prompt is open for anyone else?

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

You mean when one opens in the background because of a different process? Because any app is going to have its keyboard input blocked if you have a UAC prompt in the foreground.
Yeah, I mean the background.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Heresiarch posted:

Hasn't happened to me, no. Does the same thing not happen with other apps?
Yeah, only Opera is affected by this.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Does logging into GameFly.com (or just accessing the site while logged in) cause 10.61 to crash for them?

:wtc:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I figured out my crash issue by making a new profile from scratch and then copying files over until Opera barfed. The culprit? urlfilter.ini.

It wasn't just the file either, it was a specific entry in the file.

I had http://*.doubleclick.net/* listed under the exclude section, the instant http://www.gamefly.com/ps3/ or certain other pages loaded, Opera crashed instantly.

(edit: I submitted this bug to Opera, just following up on my 'wtf crash??' post earlier)

gibbed fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Aug 21, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Showing up for me in auto update now.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The default skins don't have large buttons anymore? :argh:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Oh cool, let's change pinned tabs to only show the icon and no way to disable this stupid feature. :argh:

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn this off? I can't find any way to.

Edit: looks like I can stack the pinned tab on another tab and it'll expand like I want it to, so I'll use that as a workaround for now. Hooray dead empty tabs.
Edit 2: scratch that, this makes new tabs stack with them if it's active. WELP.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Dec 16, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

It's certainly suffering feature fuckery though, since the release of 9.x anyway.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Aunt Beth posted:

Edit: gibbed, I haven't really found that to be the case. What do you mean? I've really found nothing 'ruined' that can't be fixed by some tweaking. My biggest gripes were with keyboard shortcuts, but they've maintained a 9.2 compatibility profile, so that's not an issue.
Easiest example: pinned tabs in 10.0. No way to go back to the old style. Large button images also seem to be gone but this seems to be skin-specific (default skins no longer have large ones? what happened to scaling?).
With 9.0 they changed how dialogs work so they are not modal, this isn't so much of a problem but how it's now is terrible (inlined into the page).

I wouldn't have a problem with these changes if they would have stuck to their old philosophy of leaving it up to the user how they wanted things.

I can adapt, but I really don't want to be forced to stop using my favorite browser in favor of something else that doesn't poo poo on what you like with new releases.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

That security report has been there for awhile, maybe under a different button before.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

ColdPie posted:

I also notice that the bookmark bar is now below the tab and address bars, which is a really dumb and illogical place for it. Now I can't open bookmarks without already having a tab open.
I found a solution for that, open the customization and click Show hidden toolbars while customizing and a bookmark bar above should appear and you can make it visible and turn the other one off.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Does anyone else have this bug? Some tabs end up not being rearrangeable (dragging to move the tab), but the one after or before it usually can. Though you can sometimes stack the bugged tabs onto the nearby tab.

Edit: oh this is fun, new tabs opened while in a bugged tab get to randomly choose where to be placed, in this case, before all other tabs.

gibbed fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 17, 2010

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Asimo posted:

So has anyone figured out how to make pinned tabs full sized, and not just the goddamn icon? :geno:
Unfortunately the only way to do it right now is to revert to an older Opera version.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Asimo posted:

Why the gently caress would they do this? They're useless as they are now, tiny little loving things. :ughh: Fine, I'll just unpin it all. I've used you for a decade Opera, you're not helping me like you here.
Yeah, I ranted about this some posts ago.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I was getting a heavy amount of crashes when saving/opening downloads in 11.00, hoping 11.01 fixes that, if not I'll probably have to finally submit a bug report about it.

Kevin Bacon posted:

I can't get Opera to shut down anymore. The process always hangs around and I have to kill it in taskmanager.

Is there a way to fix this? I'd rather not reinstall right away because I hate setting everything up again.
Opera hanging on exit is generally it trying to delete your entire cache, which can take quite some time if you've been running Opera for ages.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Mithaldu posted:

If by cache you mean the virtual memory it has allocated in the page file, then you're right. :)
Er, yeah, that's what I meant. Multitasking and posting don't go well together. :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

kapalama posted:

The internet finally chased me out of using 9.64 since too many sites cause my whole computer to lock up.

I moved to 11.01 and don't know how to do a couple of things:

This is on a Mac.
3. Bookmarks Bar, however, this now appears under your address bar rather than above, to add the way it was previously, you'll need to customize appearance, show hidden toolbars, then make it visible from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

The only time I get lag is when there's heavy amounts of plugin content on the page (Flash, etc).