Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

http://steamcommunity.com/id/beefington

Insurgency rules, please invite me to the TFR gruppe. Also I play DOD:S and CS:S.

Beefington fucked around with this message at Nov 23, 2008 around 15:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

infrared35 posted:

Okay, so I'm on Steam. What the gently caress is the difference between my account name and my profile name?

Edit: As in, my account name is one that I picked out, but the profile name says "infrared35" however it looks like it'll let me change it.

Edit 2: Great. I think I just hosed HL2. I installed it and went into the settings. I've got a widescreen display, so I switched it from 4:3 to 16:9 and my screen went blue and said, "Out of range." I had to kill system power to get the computer to shut down.

Edit 3: aaaaand as I suspected, now when I start HL2 it does the same thing and the only way out is to shut the computer down. How can I change the video settings in HL2 without being in HL2?

Edit 4: This is why I don't play computer games any more.

Don't panic. Go to your Steam games list, right click HL2, delete local content, then reinstall that poo poo from the "not installed" list. All the settings should revert back to default.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

I would like to purge the infidels from my fine land tonight. My gameplay window is rapidly closing though. I just enjoyed a fine game with Rhandhali and Teh Hats until I got fed up with my team full of snipers and had to take a breather before I ragequit. But I want more! GŁns, let's use some teamwork to make pubbie tears, shall we?

edit: I'd invite you if I could, revolryedicks.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Scarecrow411 posted:

Also, no one is sporting TFR tags

I sport the [LLJK TFR] tag in-game, but not on steam because we're already in the TFR steam group.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Micromancer posted:

Well, after "taking a short nap" last night around 6pm I seem to have missed both the Friday Night L4D Fights and any chance at Rock Band with my regular people. I just woke up almost 13 hours later to some severe disorientation. Might as well get this part out of the way, I'll try and stick to the computer most of the day.

Steam ID created: http://steamcommunity.com/id/micromancer Im off til Sunday around 11pm CST and lookin to kill some zombies that aren't me.

Oh, and as of 5:50pm yesterday:

Now I get to delete 550+ save games and begin a 4th campaign geared towards long range weapons. DLC coming in March is reported to raise the level cap

I just found out that I can invite people, so I did. Hey I like cookies, too!

Darkcide posted:

Steam: Darkcide - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197978251983

You too!

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Not an Anthem posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sgtmattus

hi plz

sent sent setn esntn sentsnetns ntsnetn

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Pretty Little Rainbow posted:

Usually we just post in the thread and get on TS and yell at whoevers there and a game starts.

we have a TS server? or are you talking about Games?

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

BIG HORNY COW posted:

Go buy ARMA and download ACE.

It's a game/mod that specifically caters to gun nerds.

Seriously look at this. Look where the slider in the gun selection box is. That's JUST the HK417 variants (and not even all of them at that)

Click here for the full 878x692 image.

Also, those are just the BLUFOR weapons. There's a whole other crate for the commie stuff.

I'm excited about this, but my googling is only turning up some forums and a couple of torrents. Where do I download ACE? Also, do I need the expansion? Because I'm broke and I'm not going to buy it.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Thanks mate. I just found it googling, too: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4443

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

lokigoesrawr posted:

Can a kind soul throw a steam group invite to http://steamcommunity.com/id/lokigoesrawr

I'd love to kill zombies with you.

gotcha, homie.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Throw me an invite.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mechastalin

done

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Woo woooooo!

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

The Sphinxster posted:

My steam id is jatuk and my display name or whatever is slowpoke. I'm in the tfr group and looking forward to trying out DoD.

Couldn't find "jatuk" and "slowpoke" returned 48 results. Link me to your steamid page, like so: http://steamcommunity.com/id/beefington

Bored As gently caress posted:

Somebody invite me to the TFR group please. Name on steam is 2Face2Furious.
Couldn't find you either

Cyrano4747 posted:

Steam ID - Cyrano47 . . . or maybe Cyrano4747

I won't have time to jump on tonight, but shoot me the invite anyways. I should be good to get my DoD on tomorrow in the afternoon.

Or you. Maybe I'm doing this wrong?

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Frag Viper posted:

Since most of you are console homo's, this probably wont be of any interest. We just started a new Call of Duty 4 PC server. Come play.

Link to the server info

Hey I wonder if this PC can run CoD4. Thanks for the server, brah.

edit: while we're on this nostalgia train to nowhere, we should set up a Desert Combat server running beta .4 or whichever one had the HMMWV that could outrun the A-10.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

JEEVES420 posted:

What are the specs of the computer?

Also Desert Combat had the best helicopters. It actually took a lot of practice to be able to fly them which kept most people from TKing to get one.

hahaah TKing seven people to GET THE loving PLANE was probably the most hilariously good time I've ever had at a drunken lan party.

This PC has some good hardware, but it's got a big bottleneck in the mobo. Asus A8V deluxe, socket 939 with an Athlon FX-55 and 2 gigs of ram, and the video card is a Radeon 3950 or something - supposedly the last "good" AGP card ever made. Yes, I'm still rockin' AGP.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

I can already tell you its going to be straight up loving off the chains. If it isn't buy it anyway and play with my drunk rear end when I stumble home tomorrow night.

I just pre-bought this, it'd better not suck.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Killing Floor is the poo poo.

You are quite correct, sir. I just played for an hour and a half and oh man is it fun. I played with Wimpbastard90210 whoever that is.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

JEEVES420 posted:

Is it faster pace than those videos? Did you play with people who actually work together? Do the zombies go down with one shot to the head? What is the slow down effect that I saw in the videos(please don't say bullet time)? Is there a large community?

The pace is pretty good but it comes in waves, so there's time to heal each other and whatnot. The smaller waves are part of a larger wave and when that ends, you get to see the Trader who will sell you bigger guns and ammo, as well as armor and MACHETEs. The folks I played with stuck near each other, but didn't really work together. I was also the only one who used my mic, but pubbies are pubbies. The slow down effect is loving annoying and I really hope there's a way to turn it off. It comes at seemingly random times and just slows poo poo down to show you how badass that last headshot you just made was. The "infected" don't take damage like a Romero zed: headshots(from my shotgun) will one-hit kill the weaker guys, but body damage will still kill them, and the tougher guys can take quite a pounding before they go down. I don't really know about the community since this game was released yesterday.

Hopefully some more TFR folks will buy this game and we can go run poo poo like Ice Cube.

edit: added more content to the first sentence

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Forseti posted:

I need to start playing some games with you guys.

Steam is: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bundo/

My xbox live is "lindj" but I'm not online there as often.

Invitation sent, fellow Virginia TFR game nerd!

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

The Architect posted:

My steam account is Architect_SA

Please add me and we'll play Left 4 Dead together!

Link us to your steam profile page and we'll be glad to add you

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

TFR: Goons Lerning English

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

In ArmA 2 I mounted a .50 cal to a cow.

And then I dropped the cow out of the back of a C130 with me spraying .50 everywhere at civillians below.

Is this real? Because I'm buying this poo poo yesterday if I can have that kind of fun.

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

Cyrano4747 posted:

Ah, good. Grandpa knew what the gently caress he was doing.

Sorry to sperg out a bit on that, but there are a shocking number of people out there who have unexploded bombs that their grandfather brought back as a souvenir without knowing why that was such a bad idea. Once in a while you will see some guy post up a fully intact shell on some milsurp board, and about 50% of the time they get really defensive when people point out it could be live ordinance and say they will "Just be careful with it" because they don't want to "blow up an heirloom."

Having the heirloom Luger that gramps took off that SS General that he personally punched in the balls is awesome and all, but having a hand grenade in the house is just loving moronic and dangerous.

My wife, who is from South Central (Alaska), told me about a bar that was open on Kodiak Island for something like 35 years. In this bar, there was a neat old 500lb bomb that somebody allegedly found on a nearby 1940s era bombing range or something and added to the decor because it was metal as gently caress. Well when the bar finally went under and it's assets were liquidated, it was discovered that the bomb was never deactivated. A loving 500 pounder. Around drunk idiots for several decades. What the gently caress.

edit: a quick googling tells me that this just happened like last ten days ago, and it was a 1200lb "AN MK1 Mod 3, built to sink Japanese warships from the air. It has a blast range of half a mile, but is only about four and a half feet long..." Jesus Christ.

http://www.ktva.com/ci_14200765

Beefington fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2010 around 18:04

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefington
Sep 18, 2004

Live Together, Die Alone

I still play CS:S from time to time and would also be down for some DOD:S. Can you tell I have an outdated computer?