Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Alfredo Pangea posted:

By far the best picture in the thread. It's just so FESTIVE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

I can't use photoshop...so I drew a picture instead.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

I might get my mum to make a soft toy of that dino i drew.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Here's another shark dino.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Scut posted:

These shark dino's would make adorable desktop vinyl toys, like a Dunny etc. Love em!

Anyone know where I could go to get these made? I do sculptures at home so it would be pretty easy for me to do. Not a clue on materials though.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Elijya posted:

You're really onto something here. I'd say keep going if it's not too much trouble, get a whole set. Try some sharks disguised as dinosaurs, too.

Sure I'll do some more, I'll try a quick one now.

Scut posted:

They're usually made from vinyl, and spin cast to form them. Spin casting is apparently a cheap way of doing quality moulding in less-than-massive quantities. For the master sculpt it's probably best to check some of the forums dedicated to vinyl toys, a lot of people post their works in progress and talk about techniques. I reckon you could use Sculpey for making the master.

http://www.vinylabuse.com/

I recall this site having pretty good forums.

Awesome thanks, I booked marked it and I'll check it out in a bit.

Ninja Edit: Diplidoboom!

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 13, 2008

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Elijya posted:

Oooo! We need a Pterodactylus next!

I was going to draw that before I went to sleep, but I realized it was 5am.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Elminsters Hat posted:

I just want to know: will you be sculpting the explosions as well?

Your cartoon dress-up dinos are Awesome in it's purest form, wrapped up in a package of cute... My favourite is still the first one.

Edit: spelling :(

Thanks. :) Yeah, I'll make the explosions but they can just be a cardboard cut out for the dino's to sit/stand in.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

So how about some Ideas on what dinosaurs and sharks you guys wanna see?
Edit: Whoops, double post.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Dec 14, 2008

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

One Armed Man posted:

do a hammer-head and a steg.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 14, 2008

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

best one so far.

Cheers, I bought Blu-tac today so I might try n make one...just gotta figure out how to make my laptops blue-tooth work again.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

I like that you got creative with the explosion.

I've tried to put a different sound for each one....this time I Googled explosions for ideas. haha

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Sandler311 posted:

Why google for explosion sounds? Go watch batman.

Nah, just for pictures of explosions I can make silly sounds rather well.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Chris Awful posted:

The cartoon filter is so addicting.

Nice! Do it with one of my already cartoon dinosharks. :D

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Aw, and I thought it was going to be all dirty looking. Oh well.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Elijya posted:

What about an exploding squid disguised as a dinosaur? :D

Seriously, though, if you figure out a way to make a plushy or something out of your very first design, I would probably buy one

I'll draw up one with a squid now.

I was talking to Mum about making a few for me to sell and also looking into making vinyl toys as well.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Click here for the full 1183x525 image.

ExplodingSquid fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 15, 2008

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

noggut posted:

It will slide nicely. I was thinking about adding squids after the response on the bottom of page one(?).

Well there ya go!

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Elminsters Hat posted:

I would like to pre-order the tyrannosaurus disguised as a shark. :)

I made him from Blu-tac the other night, I'll take a photo another time...its 6am and I need sleep.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

My work computers were wiped so I've lost paint to draw more AND my internet was cut off at home. :(
So depressed.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Oh, P.s. Talking over details with Mum about the dinoshark toys and she will make up some plushie style ones in the new year. I've looked into vinyl with making them and moulds and came up with some awesome ideas for packaging. Going to make plaster eggs and have the toy inside so you gotta smash the egg open to get the toy out. ( you won't know what one you will be getting so kinda like a kinder suprise. I'll keep you guys updated.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

You're going to become a millionare off this poo poo.

That would be nice. Each one ordered from you guys I'll try to put something extra or special in them so if they do end up being collectors like some vinyl toys do they will be worth more.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

Couldn't resist

Click here for the full 997x848 image.

(removed old pic, created new MSPaint explodey goodness)

Also without explosion

HA! Nice, this is awesome!!

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

^ No way, Squid's drawings are awesome... and besides, he came up with the original "costume" idea, he deserves more credit for taking the thread into a whole new (and hysterical) direction :) I'm just here to make silly drawings lol

Thanks man! It's killing me not having the internet at work and paint at work. :(
I'm def still working on making those toys though.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Yay for free wireless!

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

If the thread dies I'll open a new thread when I get those dinosharks made up...in the mean time I'll post in the Mspaint Boredom thread.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Not really an explosion...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

SO ANGRY posted:

Hahaha, where was he keeping that mask at?

Well the mother was wearing one when she had "parent love time" and so one was made in the egg.