Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
I think this needs to be permanently stickied to the top of GBS, the possibilities truly are endless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Personally, I just noticed that the raptor is wearing a Starfleet uniform circa 2265, while standing on the bridge of the Enterprise E which wasn't built until 2363

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Thank you, I meant D, I got the year right

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Z posted:

Actually...where is that from? It looks like some kind of future variation of the D bridge, but I can't tell what episode it's from.

Yeah, ok actually, this is starting to bug me now. I did notice the blue lighting was odd, but he's right about the carpet, too. It's definitely the bridge of a Galaxy class starship, but not the Enterprise-D. So what is it? Inquiring nerds demand to know.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Moneypenny Dreadful posted:

...and riding atop one of the shark missiles...

(explosion implied)

Moneypenny Dreadful posted:

OH, THE HUMANITY!! (the sharkanity?)

Soo...I got on a Kubrick kick after the Strangelove one...

(I'm trying to figure out a way to edit these into an animated gif with the frames of Danny covering his eyes - maybe later)

Frankly, this thread could be called "Add dinosaurs, sharks and explosions to Stanly Kubrick films" and it would still kick the same amount of rear end.

I can't believe no one's done 2001 yet.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

The Fourth Horseman posted:

Wolves.

And the Itallians would be loving falcons.

And the Jews should be Mice, Nazis cats, and the French frogs. Then it'd fit in nicely with Art Spiegelman's MAUS

Elijya
May 11, 2005

ExplodingSquid posted:

I can't use photoshop...so I drew a picture instead.

You could totally market this, I thinking either a logo or a stuff animal, maybe both.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

ExplodingSquid posted:

Here's another shark dino.

You're really onto something here. I'd say keep going if it's not too much trouble, get a whole set. Try some sharks disguised as dinosaurs, too.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

ExplodingSquid posted:

Sure I'll do some more, I'll try a quick one now.

Awesome thanks, I booked marked it and I'll check it out in a bit.

Ninja Edit: Diplidoboom!

Oooo! We need a Pterodactylus next!

noggut posted:

We're all caught up with Exploding Squid's designs, but I wanted to tell you this was awesome too

Elijya fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 13, 2008

Elijya
May 11, 2005

ExplodingSquid posted:

So how about some Ideas on what dinosaurs and sharks you guys wanna see?
Edit: Whoops, double post.

What about an exploding squid disguised as a dinosaur? :D

Seriously, though, if you figure out a way to make a plushy or something out of your very first design, I would probably buy one

Elijya
May 11, 2005

You've found your life's calling.

History is made when people staple one thing to another

Elijya
May 11, 2005

^If you're taking requests, how about a dinosaur skull on the skeleton in the lower right? Awesome loving job, though

ExplodingSquid posted:

Oh, P.s. Talking over details with Mum about the dinoshark toys and she will make up some plushie style ones in the new year. I've looked into vinyl with making them and moulds and came up with some awesome ideas for packaging. Going to make plaster eggs and have the toy inside so you gotta smash the egg open to get the toy out. ( you won't know what one you will be getting so kinda like a kinder suprise. I'll keep you guys updated.

When you're about ready, you'll want to start your own thread about them, and buy an SA banner ad too

VVV loving awesome. Alright, now let's get serious. See the explosion on the upper left. I think I could see that becoming a gaping sharks jaw. I dunno how easy explosions are to manipulate though. That's probably asking too much

Elijya fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 18, 2008

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

You two are gods among men. And if this topic doesn't become a photoshop Friday soon, I can no longer believe in a just world.

There's lots of awesome submissions, but many of them are crappy from a photoshop pov, it's more of a comedy goldmine.

Page 16, and it's still getting some beautiful contributions. It's slowed down to a trickle, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Ozz81 posted:

Not enough basking shark love in the thread

Larger version

Click here for the full 1152x720 image.

:golfclap:

ExplodingSquid, someone just beat you at your own game