Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Tegan actually likes cats a lot better than she likes other dogs. She would let my ex's cat wrestle around with her, it was pretty dang cute.

But yes, she did like to chase them too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Sam loves to chase cats. Her and my cat used to chase each other around, and eventually the cat would just fall over to let Sam chew on her head. It was quite adorable. They've only become reacquainted after a little over a year apart so I'm still waiting for them to settle back in together.

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009

Break Fast posted:

Guinness is extremely afraid of vacuum cleaner. Though he's quite young, so maybe I get to do this instead of bathing him everytime we come home in a year or so. It looks a lot of fun though. :)

We went to see our best dog bud Hugo today and induced some derpness into him.

Dumbasses running around like fools. :3:

Looks so much like a Corgi from behind. Still as sweet as one.

Post up your dog best buds if you have any pictures of them. Have a nice Corgi-filled weekend. :)

Sorry to necro-quote, but Hugo looks just like my dog that I have no idea what she is! I'll post pics when I get home. I'm pretty sure she is part Corgi.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I wish had video of Igby playing with my friend's kitten.

She was probably a few months old and figured out how to hide in a box with the lid closed, pop up so Igby would notice her, then hide back in the box after swatting him with her paw. He'd get confused and wander off after a while, then the kitten would repeat the whole thing again. Probably went on for half an hour before I had to leave and was the cutest drat thing.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Might be picking up this guy as a buddy for Igby, not sure what he's a mix of. Seems like maybe Corgi, Sheltie, and maybe Chow. Rescue place thought it was Chow and Corgi.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
It looks like a fox wearing a bear's skin...

IN THE MOST ADORABLE WAY. :swoon:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
He's pretty ridiculous, I'll get some better pictures tomorrow. Igby is trying to show he's a tough guy. Hoping they learn to be friends soon.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

tacopie posted:

Sorry to necro-quote, but Hugo looks just like my dog that I have no idea what she is! I'll post pics when I get home. I'm pretty sure she is part Corgi.

Please do.

Also a ninja hi from Guinness. It's been a while.
Here are a bunch of sub-potato pictures taken throughout the summer. :)

Using my leg as a pillow.

Watching if everything is in order while I sleep after a night shift.

Enjoying the shade when it was still actually hot outside.

Beauty shot!

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
Here is Sadie. I don't have any action shots of her running around acting crazy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
A few photos from the past few days. Igby still doesn't like the new dog, but he seems to like Igby :3

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
DOG BUDDIES! :neckbeard:

...or is it the fox and the hound? :ohdear:

...or the bear and the hound? :confuoot:

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Eevee and Vega get along now.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

http://imgur.com/gallery/kmQDv

Corgi Comics

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
:stare:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

My little girl Indra is getting old.

She's 12 now and will turn 13 in november. Obviously she is losing her sight slowly. She has problems to see things on the floor, sometimes she's not able to realize that my legs belong to me and she seems pretty much blind when it's relatively dark. She also changed her behavior - she refuses to react on commands, she started to actually cry loudly for the slightest problem or need she may have (like, terrorizing everyone because her water is getting relatively low) - so I have to put her onto a dog leash again; something that I didn't have to do for more than 12 years, as she always was okay to walk around freely.
It's a strange feeling doing that though. For me it's putting my best friend onto a leash and walking around with her, showing everyone that I have to do so.

Additionally her bladder is getting weak. She just can't hold it sometimes, especially if special things happen and she's happy. That's really sad, as she obviously does not want to do that, she always walks away and hides, even though no one ever shouted at her for losing such things. It's just her turning into an old lady and time slowly crushing her body.

Nevertheless, she doesn't feel old at all. Her body forces her to sleep more, but if she's active and she's able to, she loves to play with her lovely toys (read: everything she could use as a toy, ever), she likes to play with the small puppy my mother got a few weeks ago, even if he's way too strong and crazy for her to keep up.
Regarding that I'm 19, I grew up with her and it hurts to see her change this way, but nature will do it's job one day and grab for her. For the time being, I just wanted to share her story with you and I will enjoy every second I can be with her.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Nobnob posted:

She's 12 now and will turn 13 in november. Obviously she is losing her sight slowly. She has problems to see things on the floor, sometimes she's not able to realize that my legs belong to me and she seems pretty much blind when it's relatively dark. She also changed her behavior - she refuses to react on commands, she started to actually cry loudly for the slightest problem or need she may have (like, terrorizing everyone because her water is getting relatively low) - so I have to put her onto a dog leash again; something that I didn't have to do for more than 12 years, as she always was okay to walk around freely.
It's a strange feeling doing that though. For me it's putting my best friend onto a leash and walking around with her, showing everyone that I have to do so.

Additionally her bladder is getting weak. She just can't hold it sometimes, especially if special things happen and she's happy. That's really sad, as she obviously does not want to do that, she always walks away and hides, even though no one ever shouted at her for losing such things. It's just her turning into an old lady and time slowly crushing her body.

Nevertheless, she doesn't feel old at all. Her body forces her to sleep more, but if she's active and she's able to, she loves to play with her lovely toys (read: everything she could use as a toy, ever), she likes to play with the small puppy my mother got a few weeks ago, even if he's way too strong and crazy for her to keep up.
Regarding that I'm 19, I grew up with her and it hurts to see her change this way, but nature will do it's job one day and grab for her. For the time being, I just wanted to share her story with you and I will enjoy every second I can be with her.

Its too drat early for the feels train man. That is brutal though. Its not easy to deal with a loved pet getting old. My cat, I had a hell of a time coming to terms with the fact that I needed to let him go and put him down. Indra is still a ways off from that point I'm sure, but dealing with that eventuality is rough. Especially when you see it every day. Just keep on loving her as long as you can.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Nobnob posted:

My corgi Bailey has DM and has declined to the point where he is wheelchair-bound with weak use of one hind leg, and is gradually having incontinence issues. I really understand how hard it is to see them go through these changes in states of being, especially when it is new. I assure you that they do adjust to these changed states pretty readily, even if it's harder for us humans. Extra large peepads are a godsend for handling the incontinence issues. I place them under his blankets on his beds, place them out in the areas where he tends to lie down. I've got a plastic squishy pad that stretches the last length to the door outside. This is easy for him to walk on, and easy to clean when he can't make it outdoors. REALLY makes a difference for all the cleanup, I was losing it with all the carpet cleaning. Amazon also had some great washable absorbent pee pads too, in a great big size. I'm having no luck with belly bands, even with custom-made bands they just don't work great for corgis. His slide up, as well as only catching the little dribbles. Baby wipes are essential for cleanup, in my opinion. If he potties at all on himself, it's a nice quick clean that he tolerates very readily. Works great for muddy feet and wheels too :) We've got a bunch of soft flannel blankets for the dogs, and just swap out a clean one should an accident occur.

I'm not sure if she would like this at all, but we've noticed that Bailey enjoys sitting in front of a fan a lot nowadays. In a corgi with wheelchairs book we have, it talks about how it helps with sundowning. You may want to Google this term and see what other fixes are out there for this condition that also occurs in humans. I'd also advise to be sure to see your vet so they can address any pain issues that you might have with her, ensuring her physical comfort. I monitor very closely for any signs of pain in him - groaning, grunting, disinterest in food/attention. We have pain medication and muscle relaxers for him, which we use nightly and whenever he's showing that he's hurting.

Wishing you the best of luck with Indra!

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Adding a recent pic of my goobers, I work from home and they accompany me every day and do cute poo poo like this:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Took both to eat breakfast at a local place with dog meal options. New guy likes to bark at people he doesn't recognize, going to have to work on that. He scared the hell out of a few people walking by on the sidewalk.

Thankfully, he is content to sleep at the foot of the bed and not with his butt next to my face like Igby seems to always do by the end of the night.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Some Tegan photos

Regal Teegle

Temptation

And my mom is feeding my addiction, she found these coasters at a store

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I love when corgis do this expression. Tegan is adorable.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
Oh poo poo, it's a corgi thread.

This is Archimedes and he is the chillest little dude. My wife and I rescued him from the chopping block almost a year ago:

About 6 months ago a friend told me that this little guy was in the high-kill shelter so we went and got Gonzo (who it turns out has a bit of a history):

Archimedes was a jealous little guy for awhile but they get along really well now.

Trevor Scantron fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 28, 2014

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well the hell do you live that corgis are at kill shelters?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

The Dave posted:

Well the hell do you live that corgis are at kill shelters?

Better question, Where does he live that they're soo common he found TWO in kill shelters.

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
The shelter/animal control is in rather low-income towns near a military base. They are always full of poor, sad pit bulls and chihuahuas.

e: clarity

There was actually another one three months ago who we got to the semi-local corgi rescue people.

Trevor Scantron fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 28, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah a military town is about the only place I could imagine seeing uncommon breeds at such numbers, lots of people moving to places where dogs may not be allowed. I've been looking for a corgi at our local shelters for years and never saw one that wasn't a weird mix after finding Igby back in 2005.

catamar
May 23, 2008
Holly was in a shelter!

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
My wife had two requirements when we went to get a dog: a puppy and a large breed.
She was unfamiliar with corgis and wanted nothing to do with Archimedes at the shelter but I asked the worker if she could take him into the yard to play and after like 2 minutes my wife refused to let him back in the building. And now I'm known as "The Corgi Guy."

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009

catamar posted:

Holly was in a shelter!

You know, I love both my little guys but I'm pretty sure they are both products of abuse (in Gonzo's case I know neglect for sure.) This summer flies were really bad and I would get frustrated during walks and take my hat off to swing to shoo the flies away and both Archimedes and Gonzo would put their ears back and get low and just shake with fear (and just break my heart.)

biggest platypus
Mar 10, 2014
Tumbles is 15 weeks now and is growing into an awesome pup. She graduated puppy kindergarten this weekend and is able to go to the dog park finally, hooray! I love her so, so much.

We've met several corgis around the city, and I'm always super excited to introduce Tumbles. But I've noticed that most of them are just not pumped to meet other dogs, or at least a puppy. They'll either back up nervously with their ears down or sometimes growl, especially if they have a ball or toy. Obviously I try to keep her from jumping all over them, but sometimes even being within a foot or two is too much. So far Tumbles is pumped to meet pretty much all other dogs and loves to play if they are into it (although she seems to be getting better at being calm around more chill dogs, too, lately). How are your corgis with other dogs? If I keep socializing her daily, is there a good chance she'll stay friendly and happy to meet other pups, even as she grows up?

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Corgis and other herding dogs are not renowned for being great with other dogs. It's pretty common for older dogs to have very little/no patience with puppies. Before approaching, ask the owner how the dog is with puppies. And even if they say "oh they're his favouriestest thing in the world!!!1" keep a close eye on the other dog's body language and make sure your pup isn't being rude. Some dogs take it upon themselves to keep puppies in line, and they tend to overreact. Be mindful when you have your pup out and about.

Congrats on the new addition.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

George is at worst indifferent to other dogs. Unless it's in his (our) house, at which point he will try to murder anything smaller than a teenager.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Neige started herding lessons a month ago and loves it! Here are some photos of her!

The happiest corg. :3:

Trevor Scantron
Nov 6, 2009
Mine generally get along with other dogs. They play with my neighbors' dogs regularly but are stand-offish at the dog park.
They both absolutely flip the gently caress out around most huskies, though.

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Duuh! These are staaairs!
Anyone else's corgi spend half their life on their back? Because I swear this is how Dewey spends most of his days:

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
Ace doesn't care much for other dogs at all and is pretty standoffish. The more in your face the dog is, the more he tries to get away/ hide under my legs. He would much much rather meet a strange person than a strange dog.

catamar
May 23, 2008
Yeah Gansett and Holly are both pretty unenthused about most dogs. Gansett is super dog-racist about GSDs, pits, bulldogs, and boxers in particular (how he can tell, I do not know) but he loves pugs and Bostons. He gets along really well with other herding breeds and mixes but not puppies. I don't really know how Holly is with most dogs because we avoid other dogs in our neighborhood when we're on walks. They're either on Gansett's blacklist or they're horrible unleashed and aggro JRTs and poms.

I suggested trying herding with Holly but my husband feels like $300 and a 90 minute drive each way is excessive. He's probably right. :mad: If anybody knows a place closer to Boston, let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Y'all northerners don't have enough ranches, gotta move down south.

Crunch Bucket posted:

Anyone else's corgi spend half their life on their back? Because I swear this is how Dewey spends most of his days:

They all do that.

• Locked thread