Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's my old girl Indra. Welsh-Corgi Cardigan who turned 12 on november 2nd - but still acting like a puppy.

Yep, Queen of dah hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's probably one of the best picture I've ever seen.

Just came home and saw Indra sleeping like this.

I wonder what she was dreaming of.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Mordiceius posted:

Otto does not like baths.

That's too cute to be real. How old is he?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm living with my old corgi girl Indra in a rental with lots of neighbors around and it's working pretty well. Like every corgis (and maybe like most dogs in general) she barks pretty often as well, but since she's not that loud all the time and especially barking when no one's home, that's totally okay. Also this is mostly part of parenting your small lil' pal in order to show him how to have fun and be relatively quiet at the same time.

Going out for walk with her is nowadays ridiculously easy. As she's old she just walks around all by herself and takes the time she needs. When she was a pubby she wasn't a great walker, too. She wanted to go out a bit, look out who was around and who might be important to meet and that's it.

Looking forward to hear from you! Really interested if and how you decided and how he/she will go.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Gray Stormy posted:

Lola and I took a good long walk today. With all the melting snow and poo poo, she got a bit dirty so she got a rinse once we got home.

She wasnt totally thrilled about it, but shes cool now.

She's so adorable! Wet corgis are the incarnation of cuteness, especially if they don't really want it, but don't want to complain as well.

Speaking of complaining dogs:

Indra felt disturbed by my presence.

After a short argument with her I agreed to hand out her beloved monkey so she can continue the important business called sleeping.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

My little girl Indra is getting old.

She's 12 now and will turn 13 in november. Obviously she is losing her sight slowly. She has problems to see things on the floor, sometimes she's not able to realize that my legs belong to me and she seems pretty much blind when it's relatively dark. She also changed her behavior - she refuses to react on commands, she started to actually cry loudly for the slightest problem or need she may have (like, terrorizing everyone because her water is getting relatively low) - so I have to put her onto a dog leash again; something that I didn't have to do for more than 12 years, as she always was okay to walk around freely.
It's a strange feeling doing that though. For me it's putting my best friend onto a leash and walking around with her, showing everyone that I have to do so.

Additionally her bladder is getting weak. She just can't hold it sometimes, especially if special things happen and she's happy. That's really sad, as she obviously does not want to do that, she always walks away and hides, even though no one ever shouted at her for losing such things. It's just her turning into an old lady and time slowly crushing her body.

Nevertheless, she doesn't feel old at all. Her body forces her to sleep more, but if she's active and she's able to, she loves to play with her lovely toys (read: everything she could use as a toy, ever), she likes to play with the small puppy my mother got a few weeks ago, even if he's way too strong and crazy for her to keep up.
Regarding that I'm 19, I grew up with her and it hurts to see her change this way, but nature will do it's job one day and grab for her. For the time being, I just wanted to share her story with you and I will enjoy every second I can be with her.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

An hour ago, Indra passed away. After days of not walking or eating and being dehydrated for ages, we put her to sleep.
I shared more than 14 years of my life with her.

She had pretty heavy health problems in the end. One year ago, we already thought it would be over, as she was confused, scared and seemed to have a stroke. Turns out she just didn't drink enough and had an infection, along with meds and a drip she somehow survived and had another year, which went surprisingly well. She was on painkillers for a long while due to arthritis and she began to be incontinent, which culminated very recently.

This is her last picture. When arriving at the vet, she got up again for the first time in days and seemed to be pretty excited about everything, but shortly after she already entered the "I don't care what happens"-mode. Her personality had changed slowly over the last year and she seemed to be different in general, I assume her brain got damaged somehow, which wouldn't be too surprising regarding the state she was in after the infection.

I posted several times about her in here and she always was watching me when doing so. This time only her memory is left to watch me doing this. She will not be forgotten.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Stopped posting here since over a year ago my corgi girl Indra passed away and I wasn't feeling like it's time for a new corgi, or any dog for a long while since I was barely able to handle her loss.
However, my dad stepped in and said gently caress off, look what I have here! Introducing Alwyn.

That was him getting a first impression of my camera, at the age of ~four weeks.
He's now at the age of 6 months and still impressed of that camera:

He's currently into trying to eat things that aren't edible and being majorly scared of things that may or may not move.
Sadly he is not living with me, but I'm meeting him a few days a week, so that's something. Afterall, a life without a corgi is possible, but also pointless.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Alwyn is trying to make me jealous about his food.
Also interesting, despite him being pure Corgi Cardigan, the ears stayed down even after more than a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

matureaudiencesonly posted:

Oooo a blue merle :love:

If their ears are big it can be tough for them to come up on their own, especially when they are little and teething and low on calcium, which helps keep the ears up. Our breeder gave our cardi a lovely duck tape crown to get her ears up because they hadn't started to rise by 5 months or so. I got the impression that there was a 'critical period' for propping ears up which makes it difficult to do so when they are older but I'm not a dog doctor or anything so I don't know if that's actually true.

My dad did indeed try that, while I preferred trying it with some calcium carrying things to help building it, however after a bit we gave up on it, as he utterly despised the tape.
Either way, now we got a blue merle with rrally cute baby ears - not the worst thing to have. :smug:

• Locked thread