Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon
Congrats on your new baby hes gorgeous ! although im not sure whats up with the taped ears..

Heres our monster Merlin (were starting training classes in 4 days !)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

Tristesse posted:

The pizza guy- "Hey nice dog, what is that, a shiba inu?"

Thats awesome, made me chuckle.. Ive been asked if merlin was a fox and how they could get hold of one.

Ive got a quick question, dunno where else to post it but merlin loves the cats (a little too much) but the cats alas do not love poor merlin. How long does it take for them to get use to each other? Merlin is 5 months old and as i said loves the cats but theyre so close to clawing his eyes, its worrying me.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Glad its not just us then, Bella just really hates him and chases him away which is quite amusing.

Yeh on our first walk with him, some lady drove past in her car and stopped to ask me that. Id say weve had him for about 3 months.. making him about 6 months tomorrow.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
I knew thered be fur you know but i never ever expect this much freaking fur.

Im just.. my sofa is now hairy if i leave it a day in fact merlin turns everything to fur, is there anything i can do ? and does it ever stop ?!

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

maso posted:

You bought a corgi. You weren't prepared?

No :(, We have a ragdoll so i thought "nothing can be as bad!". I was so wrong..

Tristesse posted:

I have 3 vacuums in my house right now, one is a handheld I use almost exclusively for the couch. I'll be bad for a while while the coat is blowing out, a furminator helps and if you can find a good groomer they can help cut that down too.

Yeh ive seen the furminator and i think we might get a handheld pet dyson then for the couch.

Currently his adult coat is comming in, so im combing him and using this awesome pet hair magnet squeegee thing i found that gathers all the fur together.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

Tristesse posted:

Thats so cute ! You cant dock tails in the uk any more, so Merlin does this permanently but with his tail actually in his mouth :3:

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

Miss Indy posted:

It's just dog fur, it's not gonna kill you. If it bothers you that much, you seriously chose the wrong breed.

I have a ragdoll, she leaves clumps of fur on everything and in everything so im not overally bothered and yes i do know its just dog fur im just a bit suprised at the amount he sheds compared to the other dogs ive had and was asking for methods to handle it.

I have sticky rollers, again bella does more damage than he does on clothes, merlin just covers my sofa and the occasional corgi tumble weed (we have wood flooring). I brush him with a wire brush and keep baths to once a month, hes getting his adult coat at the moment so im guessing thats why hes covering my sofa.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Pembrokes naturally don't have tails, they're not docked. They were bred out of the breed and they have very short, almost non existent little nubs. Instead of tail wagging you get nub wagging. Cardigans have tails.

I read this and was :aaa:. Merl is a pembroke and has a tail, i had to double check.
I never knew some where born without tails i just thought they were docked. His mother and fathers tails were docked before the ban because it was required during showing.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

Tristesse posted:

Chewing and eating everything fuzzy

You really dont know how happy i am to hear that im not the only one going insane because merlin cant even have a stuffed toy for 10 minutes without "gutting" and shredding it to pieces.

Ive spent a fortune on beds (8 of them now) and toys.. well ive just lost count.
Hes about 8/9 months now, he needs toys but im running out of ideas as of today he detroyed his "indistructable" bear after having it for 2 days.

Ive just given him a stuffed frozen kong but he has no interest in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pioneermax
May 25, 2003

Tristesse posted:

Otherwise, I buy a 3 pack of durable nylabones and replace them every other month or so. Also, laser pointers are a huge hit.

Oh laser pointers ? thats a good idea and i think i have one from the cats.

Yeh he loves the "stuffed" bones and beef knuckles, although im trying to cut down on them as hes getting porky lately.

As for the corgi fur, i cant stress enough how awesome pet handheld vaccumes are, someone on here suggested it (think it was you tristesse) and its the most handy things so far.
Also seconding the stickey rollers, i buy them in value packs and have them every where in my house (including the car).

• Locked thread