Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Long time no see, Corgi folks.

mdy: Your boy looked like a great sidekick. Sounds like the two of you had a hell of a time together. Sorry he's gone.

This is my Yoshi. He'll be 4 in about a month.

elf pr0n: did you go to the Corgi picnic in Melbourne back in November? Good times. Disturbing amount of homemade corgi-related clothing, but everyone was nice, and there were around 120 dogs.

Bud Manstrong fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

I've gotten collie/dachshund a few times.

My favorite reaction has always been that of a young girl walking with her mom in my neighborhood, back when Yoshi was a puppy: "Mom, it's a bear cub!"

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Centigrade posted:

Have you tried looking on the breed club's website? It's a good starting point to find a reputable breeder. This member list lists members/breeders of the club that you can get into contact with. There's also a regional club in Florida, Sunshine Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club that has breeder referrals. If you're open to an older rescue dog the SPWCC also has a rescue organization.

Another good step is to start going to dog shows and other events. Here you can meet breeders and others involved in the breed, ask questions, and see lots of corgis. You can use the AKC events search or Infodog to find events around you.

If you do decide to go with a rescue, Sunshine is a wonderful organization with a great placement program. I've met several of the people (and dogs!) involved at a dog park and at the FL Corgi Picnic, and my good friends adopted their dog through Sunshine.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Tristesse posted:

Waiting for suitable surroundings and circumstances is the worst, believe me! If you're really hard up for a corgi fix, maybe get involved in a local rescue? Down here they have an annual corgi picnic to benefit corgiaid where there's usually 100+ dogs in attendance, and sometimes the rescues need simple things like people just interacting with them or giving walks every so often.

Edit: in case anyone in the Florida area is interested btw, here's the website for this year's corgi picnic. I probably won't be going due to work/ possibly moving though.

http://www.floridacorgipicnic.com/

That website is godawful but it's all for a good organization.

Edit2: Also today I bought Ace his first bag of big boy food! He'll be a year old around when I estimate his last bag of puppy food is done with, so I bought out Petco's supply of wellness core to transition to (they very rarely have it in and I'd prefer core to the super 5 mix, though super 5 mix is pretty good too.)

Did you go last year?

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Tristesse posted:

Nah, didn't go last year as Ace had just been brought home a few weeks before and was not done with his shots. I didn't want to expose him to a ton of strange dogs on the off chance he got exposed to parvo or something.

It's a good time. There are lots of weirdos with airbrushed corgi shirts, but everyone's nice and there are loads of dogs. 120 last year, I think. I'll probably go again this year.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

Bewildrbeast posted:

So I'm not sure if my dog is part Corgi or not and I figured you guys may have an idea-

During a move, hence the bad paint and posters.

Thumbnail because, well, it's huge.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

I love him and I'm mainly curious so I can quit telling people who ask what type of dog he is "Louisiana Pound Puppy".
Looks like there's some Corgi and American Eskimo Dog in there. Cute dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

elf pr0n posted:

Here is another picture, because the corgi thread can't have enough of them

word :yoshi:

• Locked thread