Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

My name is Deckard Cain and I've come on out to greet ya, so sit your ass and listen or I'm gonna have to beat ya.

UserNotFound posted:

User:
The NIS server for the mc machines is heavily loaded and not responding to requests quickly enough. In fact, it appears to have just crashed altogether.
____

Unix Admin:
It didn't crash. A student was intentionally exhausting memory, but eventually it recovered. The student's account has been disabled for now.
____

Unix announcement:
The account IDIOT has been disabled on the UNIX side for intentionally abusive behavior (intentionally consuming memory on lore).
_____

IDIOT:
My account was recently frozen during a lab. My TA instructed me to send an e-mail to this address concerning the freeze. I apologize for any inappropriate things that transpired from me messing around. If possible, I would appreciate having my account un-frozen. Thank you.
____

Unix Admin:
In the interest of other students, your account will remain disabled for today. You will need to come visit me tomorrow some time between 8AM and 10AM, or 2PM and 5PM. Please let me know when you are free.

Any chance you work for Purdue? Lore is the undergrad CS server, is it not?

ErikTheRed fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Dec 9, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErikTheRed
Mar 12, 2007

My name is Deckard Cain and I've come on out to greet ya, so sit your ass and listen or I'm gonna have to beat ya.

UserNotFound posted:

How does a management student know what the undergrad CS server is?

I have friends in CS. I swear it's every CS student's fantasy to crash that thing.