Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

enotnert posted:

He started getting a bit demanding and the HP guys got one of the co-founders of NVIDIA on the phone so Professor iPad could tell him directly he wants a tesla card with 24 gigs of ram by winter.

:catstare:

Ninjaedit: I thought I had it bad when I had a faculty member demand that we stop pushing out patches using group policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Lum posted:

As for kidney transplant woman, yes that's the kind of thing that would end up in this thread! or more likely the poo poo that pisses you off daily thread.

poo poo that makes you piss blood daily

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Migishu posted:

Consider it like a support ticket and delegate.

Route ticket to one of your kids.

Hello offshoring! :v:

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

User Mail: Hey, I can't get into my university email. Here's my ID and current password:

AUGH! Don't tell me that poo poo! :ughh:

I like to interpret that as an invitation to change their password to "p0rnopen15".

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

enotnert posted:

In hopefully the last update about hell job/chronicles of professor iPad. . .

It appears they are going to settle with me for 60 weeks at 30 hours overtime per week at time and a half.

Welp, I'm gonna be in another tax bracket for a year.

Is that a significant chunk of money for where you live?

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Ridge_Runner_5 posted:

:gonk:

That's a whole lot of words for "workman's comp"

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Crowley posted:

true.dat

winmail.dat

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
It's right up there with "Creating a GUI interface in visual basic"

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

coyo7e posted:

A ticket came in...

:ughh:

"no"

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

coyo7e posted:

Bravo, you totally ignored the likely scenario that the AC Adapter port got jacked, or something similar. Pat yourself on the back when she comes back with another defective battery and you have to lie to not look stupid.

I think the implication of his post is that he realized his mistake.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
My recipe for a "Bluetooth":
Mash a handful of blueberries in an old fashioned glass. Pour in equal parts Vodka (Ed Phillips and Sons Prairie Organic Vodka) and Rum (Mount Gay Rum). Top with ice and forget about your day.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
It's in a VM.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
If I have an employer that treats me well and I design a new widget, my first action would probably be to offer to sell it to them.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
I'm exactly the opposite, I can read paper all day, but a computer screen? I just can't concentrate. I need the physical copy in front of me.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

enotnert posted:

I don't think you understand the modern grad student. . . they want to print off 500 pages per day and not have to pay a dime. Then one day they become post docs, and while I've come across a few good post docs in my time, a lot of them go around acting like they already have tenure and if you don't restrict it, you'll end up with poo poo like the 3 weeks of having to constantly reset a printer everytime professor iPad took his laptop out of sleep on campus.

Kill All Grad Students.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
Before we all goonpile on the dude, lets at least let him respond.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Anjow posted:

That's totally reasonable, he doesn't want you to be separated from you families!

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
I took about 110 calls yesterday. Easily half of them were "My password is exprired."
Students:argh:

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Doctor Zero posted:

Wires are faster. It's not weird.

And even in those random cases where wireless-n is faster, I still just don't like to clutter up the airwaves if I can help it.
Tragedy of the commons...

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009
Lock thread. Goldmine. New thread: The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > A biohazard came in...

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

afflictionwisp posted:

"Why doesn't the wireless work inside the humidor?"

:psyduck:

I don't get it, that sounds like a pretty significant problem

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

yaoi prophet posted:

When someone sent an e-mail to a list rms is on about their lost Kindle asking if anybody was looking for it, he threw a shitfit because of the ~*DRM*~.

I mean I dislike DRM as much as the next tech guy but come on.

I would kill for a link to this. I love to read RMS tantrums while I drink.

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angrytech
Jun 26, 2009

kensei posted:

How is this not a thing?

Someone buy it with the windows logo