Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

I don't work in actual IT, I just handle IT stuff along with another coworker for the other architects in our firm of about 20 people.

One of the printers that services the floor above me won't say that an ink cartridge has run out when you try to print, but this shouldn't be a problem because it's in the same room as everyone who would be using it. Few things are more frustrating than having college-educated people whine to me about a printer not working because they didn't bother turning around to see the big blinking red "out of ink" light and popping the hood to see exactly which color is empty.

These people, like me, spent many an all-nighter in college to get this degree, but apparently spinning around in their fancy swivel chairs is too hard.

And how is it that they'll freak out and come running to me or my buddy over every error message, yet they are the ones installing spyware and crap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

xobofni posted:

Entitled "THIS, WHAT, SCANDAL,"

:toot:
"End of line...JUMP!"

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

c0burn posted:

Goons and their Mt Dew.
Goons and their reading things at the exact moment they take a drink, but before they actually swallow, like it cannot be helped.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

GosuProbe posted:

I want to try some of this Mount Dew! :v:
Well now it's just Mtn Dew it says so on the can.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

ab0z posted:

I found a notebook on my desk this morning with this problem description:
If Rom isn't working, he's probably banging his hot Bajoran girlfriend.

Or the station is being invaded again.