Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I work in On-Site Support for a large Australian Government Department, so I go out and fix things that Help Desk can't, either because it's a physical issue or because they don't know how. Here are two tickets that we have received, with the titles Help Desk gave them.

**URGENT PC NEWS**
Have you confirmed client's details: Yes FAQ Search Conducted for fixes: Yes Problem: - client called to advise that her pc was really noisy - she also advised that her pc would not work and she had tried a few others which did not work Detail Attempted Fix: - could onsite please assist? Reference Number Given: Yes

HER PC WOULD NOT WORK AND SHE HAD TRIED A FEW OTHERS WHICH DID NOT WORK. Okay, I will apply the 'make pc work' patch'.

KEYBOPARD NOT WORKING
Have you confirmed client's details: Yes client know on 6th floor Problem:most buttons on keybpard are not working. water appear to be leaking out. can onsite please assist? Error Message(s):nil Detail Attempted Fix:cl;ient is using another kepboard at the present When was the last time this worked successfully?today Does client have a work around?yes Reference Number Given: Yes]

Besides the obvious reason for this one, I like that the Help Desk person didn't spell keyboard correctly once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HairyNipple!
Dec 31, 2004

hello i am fast cheap awesome
I come in this morning and find this in my inbox.

Director posted:

Hi - let me know if you are not the right person to help with a Blackberry meltdown but mine has detached its memory from the email and gone into cyber space after a 60 second warning and asking for a special blackberry code that I didn't have....??

Perhaps I am not a good owner but now it is just a phone that doesn't work that well either.. Can you help??

She's a nice lady though, so I guess I'll just go up and find out what the christ she's talking about.