Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

at work I had to hand over the password to our fairly large keepass password database (the owner of the company asked for it, i can't exactly deny it). So I give it to him, the password is pretty long and complex, i tell him very sternly to not write the password down or tell it to anyone. The security of a lot of this business relies on it. I try to open the database the next day getting a password invalid error, i buzz him up, and he says he changed the password to his first name because the one i had was to hard to remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

A couple things that piss me off to no end.

1) When someone from work will call me and I am away from my phone, they leave a voice mail message saying "hey call me back when you get this". Oh thanks, If it wasn't for your informative voice mail I might have thought that you called me on accident and indeed don't actually have to talk to me.

1a) When people leave me a voice mail with no information what so ever except for "hey, i have a problem, call me back, urgent, thanks".

2) When idiot employees piss and moan about being forced to have passwords other than "12345" and "abcde". No, bitch, I won't make your password easy to remember, it is the only thing that I require of you, I have to remember about 50 of them. Deal with it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The higher ups here won't let me get some of the laptop users on mozy because they are convinced the guys who work at mozy are going to snoop through our files. They also refuse to believe that encryption is secure and that cracking AES with a 256 bit key is trivial at best.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

not really a ticket, but my biggest loving pet-peeve when asking for help with a problem is:

:rant: : "NO I WON'T GET UP JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO IT!"