Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
highmeh
Jul 20, 2005

Trying to live the American Dream...
Ticket: 1882

Summary: User is unable to load CD media, states that IT gave her a "fake drive"

Description: User is unable to load CD media; when putting a CD-Rom into the drive tray and closing it, a grinding noise is heard and the CD-Rom ejects. User states that she was given a "fake" drive by IT and it was never hooked up properly.

Resolution: User has a desktop PC she was using as a tower. User was placing CD on the under-side of the CD-Rom tray, where the mechanical gears and drive pulley system are located. Placed CD-Rom on the correct side and user was able to see it in "My Computer."

Operator error; Closing ticket...

--

God i wish I were kidding......

EDIT: We have a #sysadmin channel on irc.synirc.net if anyone is interested ... talking about tickets last week someone said (paraphrasing) "Escalated first level support tickets read like you've converted them to Korean in Babelfish then back to English." Truer words were never spoken...

highmeh fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highmeh
Jul 20, 2005

Trying to live the American Dream...
A ticket^H^H^H^H^H^H user came in:

User: "Hey i need to send a javascript file to $acctMgr, outlook wont let me...is there a way to do it?"
Me: "Sure, zip it"
User: "Oh no we need to email it, plus I dont have a zip drive"
Me: "dude."

EDIT: Had me/user flipped