Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kraxor
May 7, 2006
You did what for a bag of peanuts?!
I used to work the helpdesk for a fast food chain, I was told it was a computer job, not a fryer/back freezer/malt machine/phone line/anything else but computer job. Some of the gems I had couldn't be topped at any other job I've had.

mgr calls: I have 2 of the same item numbers for spring water
902 for the bottle and 902 for the case
me: 903 is the case number and 902 is for each bottle
mgr: no it's not
me: yeah, it is
mgr: so we can sell those individually and 902 is the number for the bottles?
me: yes and 903 is for the 12 pack
mgr: no it's not.
me: yes it is here (dials into computer and brings up the inventory list) there it is right there 902 is for the bottle and 903 is for the case.
mgr: no it's not, they're both saying 902.
me: no, I'm giving you the correct numbers. I am looking at your computer with the correct numbers and i just found the email that tells me about the spring water
mgr: well the bottles say 902 and the case says 902
me: does the case say 902 or the bottle inside the case say 902.
mgr: the bottle inside the case
me: that's because the bottles are 902.
mgr:(silence) so i have a number for the case AND the bottle?
me: yeah, that's what i've been telling you
mgr: ok........
:downsbravo:
yep.....

Another good one was this
Me:" Thanks for calling the helpdesk this is Kraxor how many I help you"
MGR:" Uh, this is blah blah, what did I call you for?" :silence:
Me:" I dont' know what you called me for"
MGR:" uh what's that thing"
Me:" what thing?"
The call didn't get much better from that point on.

I have had two different actual support jobs and now I'm a net admin for a large company, and get calls escalated to me like these:

"Bobbie called in wanting to talk to Kraxor. asked for her issue and she said that it's regarding the netgear and did not give further details. Checked previous calls and found ticket 5723240. Call closed by Kraxor. advised her that I'll request Kraxor to call her back"
First level support is there for support and basic troubleshooting, don't even try and do your job, I closed the previous ticket because the issue was resolved, not for fun. This is obviously a new issue. I called the user back and the issue magically fixed itself.

We have certain techs that are across the ocean and they apparently like to just make things up as well, which also aggrivates the hell out of me. I was installing some antivirus software on a users machine (which I already had a call for) and I saw a duplicate ticket pop in to our queue. I read it and it says <user> called and says that antivirus software isn't working on any of his machines and needs help immediately. I have the user on the phone so I ask him if he called in and he said yeah, then I told him what the ticket said and he says all he did was ask for my group and then hung up. So they are fabricating stories to make tickets and send them over because they think listening to the users is a bad idea.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU