Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007
Thanks for the "1 week" suggestion - I tend to skip around sometimes so I also put in a condition for "Last Skipped/is not in the last/7/days." That way the songs get taken out of rotation for a week whether I listen to them all the way through or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

Alfajor posted:

I had once found an application that would add lyrics to the song track, so that you could then see the lyrics on your iPod (by clicking on the middle of the wheel).
I've since then re-formatted and reinstalled, and I can't recall what it was. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

You can put lyrics in any song, it's in the "get info" under the lyrics tab. As far as automatically putting lyrics in, I've used this before - iTunes Lyrics Importer http://senthilkumar.googlepages.com/ituneslyricsimporter

Haven't used it in a while, so I don't know if it works with the current version.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

Rison posted:

Is there a way (in Windows) to get a smart playlist of all albums/tracks that don't have any album art?
I found this a couple of years ago, it does work - http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-163012.html

Save the code on that page as an .hta file - when you run it, it gives you the option to make a playlist of things with no album art, a playlist of things with no lyrics, or a playlist of "one hit wonders," when you only have one track by an artist. (obviously iTunes needs to be running when you run this script)

I don't recommend using the EvilLyrics lyric importer in this script, it locks up.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007
God, thanks for that! (I found out in Windows it's Shift-Delete.) This was one of my big gripes as well.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

Forpoon posted:

this is the most retarded poo poo ever. I have never downloaded a program that simply won't install, this is ridiculous. It doesn't even say 'fix it by doing this', just 'SOMETHING IS MISSING SUCK IT'

Mine did this as well - I had to go to the website, download the installer, and reinstall it. I did it without trying to uninstall it. Worked fine, but still annoying that I had to do that.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007
You could put "duplicate" in the comment field and set up one of the smart playlist fields to be "Comment" "is not" "". (assuming you don't already use the comment field for something else.)

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

IUG posted:

Here's a small thing that irks me.

You can see that the song's length is longer than what iTunes acknowledges. Actually, this song went on until 6:15. I wish it would notice how long a song actually is, and fix the library with whatever the proper song length is just by playing the song to completion once, but that's not the case. It seems to be happening a lot lately with some of my new music, and I wish I knew a way to fix it.
Is it a VBR file? Doing a little poking around, I found some people complaining of this same problem and saw a link to this: http://www.willwap.co.uk/Programs/vbrfix.php

quote:

Throughout a song there are points that require high quality and points that require low quality(i.e. silence). Instead of having the whole file at one quality: VBR(Variable Bit Rate) provides us with a variable quality within the file. This allows us to more efficiently use the file space. The problem is that many MP3 playing programs estimate the time of a MP3 based on the first bitrate they find and the file size. Also, when jumping through a file the positions aren't the same - half way through a VBR mp3 may not be half way through the song.

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

IUG posted:

I should have said I was on a Mac. I guess I assumed Mac product, Mac user. I guess not with iPods and all, but whatever.

But yes, VBR.
It says on that VBR Fix page that it can be built on the Mac platform, I have no idea how you would do that, but some guy did it here: http://www.kabong.ca/vbrfix/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handbags at dawn
Mar 8, 2007

clayburn posted:

No, it's three separate artists. I suppose I could just change the album name, but I was hoping to find a more elegant solution.
Do you use "album artist" as well as "artist"? I had trouble with two groups of same-named albums until I filled in the "album artist" field for all of them.