Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Grayham posted:

I figured out how to overcome this limitation with an Applescript, which means it only works with OS X only, sorry Windows users.

code:
property differential : 2 -- seconds

tell application "iTunes"
	if player state is not stopped then
		set player position to (differential)
		next track
	end if
end tell

I've saved a script with this code - where do I put the file?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Here's my situation - I recently got a MacBook Pro which I wanna have my iTunes library on. Problem is, I still use my desktop PC (not an Apple) to listen to music on because I have better speakers connected to it. Is there a way to synchronize these two libraries? I also want to be able to use iSproggler and iScrobbler with last.fm.

Sorry if this has been answered before!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

friendship waffle posted:

use iTunes library sharing and stream from laptop to desktop.

Is that a basic feature in iTunes?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

chimz posted:

Synchronizing is not a basic feature, you'd need a third party program like SuperSync.

Sharing is, you turn it on in preferences, then your library shows up as an icon in the left column of iTunes on your other computer. (if they're on the same network) You then can click that icon on your PC and play music from the other library.

If you want to control the music from your MBP but hear it out your PC, one thing you can do is get Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba and use it to shuttle the audio from one to the other.

Oh, so I can basically just have my library on my MacBook, and whenever I want to play music from my PC, I open iTunes and just play my music from that shared library? And my playlist with "Recently Played" will be updated normally?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
I recently downloaded FetchArt for iTunes, but removed it today. For some reason, though, the icon in the menu in iTunes is still there. How do I remove it?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Eight Is Legend posted:

I recently downloaded FetchArt for iTunes, but removed it today. For some reason, though, the icon in the menu in iTunes is still there. How do I remove it?

This is the problem I'm talking about :

It's the little icon next to "Hjælp" (it's Danish) - how do I remove that?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
What exactly is the point of having the option to copy your music to the iTunes Music Folder when you add music to your library?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

chimz posted:

Normal people - download an MP3 file, then add it to iTunes, then end up cleaning out their desktop or download folder or whatever, and would be confused if it suddenly disappeared out of iTunes. iTunes' goal is to abstract away the filesystem, ideally you shouldn't worry about where the mp3 files are stored or that they exist at all, just that you find, use, and organize your music inside iTunes.

So, like, if I had downloaded a song to my download folder - if I double-click on that song and it starts playing in iTunes, it also gets copied to the iTunes folder? I can see why that is smart, but what if you rip a song via iTunes, does it add a file both to your music folder AND the iTunes folder, so you essentially have two copies?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Is there an extension or a script for iTunes so that I can "tag" a song to be played next? I read about this feature in Winamp and would love to be able to do something similar.

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

hirvox posted:

That's what the iTunes DJ feature is for. You can tag songs by right-clicking and selecting "Play Next in iTunes DJ". After it's done playing your tagged songs it will revert to playing random songs from your library or from a specific playlist.

Ah, neat!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Apps posted:

Are you sure you mean grid view? Is this not big enough for you?

http://imgur.com/nE8Eo.jpg

edit: Obviously you're not talking about the actual grid view and just the list+art view in which case I'm pretty sure it's been like that forever.

Home Grown, awesome!

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Is there a way to add a keyboard shortcut for queuing/adding songs to iTunes DJ?

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

eiddetham posted:

So I have a question. I have been converting all my video files to M4V format so I can stream it to my apple tv. But none of the things I convert are showing up on Itunes 11.0. Even when I try to add video files that are already in .mp4 format, they are now showing up anywhere. I look in movies, including home movies, and tv shows, and I don't see them anywhere... When I try to add them they look like they are being added, but then they are nowhere to be found.

Anyone what's going on?

Out of curiosity, how did you convert your video files?

My question: I have recently started to import my new CDs as ALAC since I just got a bigger hard drive, but those files will quickly fill up my iPhone. I know that it's possible to convert files with higher bit rates to 256 kbps AAC when syncing, but then iTunes also convert MP3 files that are 320 kbps which I don't want it to do.

Is it possible to tell it only to convert certain files (maybe using a playlist)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
Does anyone else experience that iTunes synchronize Genius data for nearly all your songs every time you sync your iPhone? It's kind of annoying when you just want to transfer a few songs.