Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
Crossposting in the Mac hardware thread just in case, but..

I just recently had my Superdrive replaced for what was thought to be a hardware problem but now it seems it might not be. The past four albums I've physically bought have all had some sort of problem importing.

First was Anberlin - New Surrender. The first time I put it in my Macbook it wouldn't recognize it at all. After I ejected and put it back in it recognized it but wouldn't import any of the tracks.

Second was Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger. My Macbook never recognized that one no matter how many times I ejected and reinserted or restarted the Macbook. Still hasn't recognized it since I bought it.

Three was Underoath - Lost In the Sound of Seperation. This one recognized and imported all tracks, but two tracks had maybe about five instances of the tracks skipping.

Four was Fall Out Boy - Folie A Deux, it recognizes and imports but as of right now I'm on track six and it's been importing for 40 minutes. This is the same exact thing it did on this disc before I took it to the Apple store to get the Superdrive replaced.

When I took it to the Apple store, the Genius tried with burned discs and they imported just fine. No problems at all. I'm sure when they tested after replacing the drive it was a burned disc too. When any retail discs are used though I seem to have something go wrong. Its really loving annoying. Could it be an iTunes problem? Should I bother to uninstall / reinstall iTunes? Any suggestions would be awesome.

Edit: It just now on track five decided to pretend to import while not actually creating a song. The song's that it's making now all say Not Available. I just force quit out of iTunes. Ugh.

1997 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU