Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Podcast management in iTunes sucks. I listen to long podcasts, and I was having annoyances where I wanted to sync podcasts while in the middle of a long podcast on my iPod. I would sync, and the in-progress podcast would be removed because it had been "listened" to. Then if I marked it new again to sync it back to the iPod it would reset the playhead back to the beginning of the file. It was maddening. Here's a workaround.

Tell iTunes not to sync your podcasts. Make a smart playlist called !!!Podcasts!!!, and set it to match if Podcast is True and Play Count is less than one. Tell it to limit to 100 podcasts going by recently added. This will save you from having to add your entire podcast collection to your iPod. Now tell iTunes to sync this playlist to your iPod, and voila you have much improved podcast management. The exclamation points make the playlist stick at the top or the near the top of all your synced playlists, and you can still see all of them in the podcast section of your iPod just as you could before.

You can sync without losing your place or the podcast you were in the middle of, and you have a playlist to use if you just want to play all your recent podcasts without having to choose which one to play next all the time. I like this for when I'm driving. Not knowing what's coming next reminds me of listening to real radio.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU