Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Is there any way to sort by two different columns? For instance, the first criteria would be Album Artist, and then within each Album Artist they would be sorted by date. I somehow managed it once but I have no idea how.

Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Is there any way to make album covers larger than the large setting?

e: Also is there any way to add year in the column with the cover, album, and artist?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 12, 2010

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Organization issue:

Une Nuit A Paris should be grouped with the rest of the tracks for 'The Original Soundtrack'. I've checked the ID3 tags and everything is the same. Furthermore, this happens with a few albums.

I have no idea what might be going on here. Any ideas?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Has anyone had trouble with Fluke, the FLAC enabler for iTunes, as of late? I installed it, restarted iTunes, and iTunes still won't recognize FLAC files. There's next to zero support for it as well.

Any ideas?

Also, are there any other ways to play FLAC files with iTunes?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I'm trying to add Album Art to some songs that iTunes's 'Get Album Artwork' feature missed. When I slide the art onto the blank space for the Album Art in 'Get Info' iTunes refuses to add the Album Art.

How can I fix this?

e: Looks like I'm having complete success downloading the image first and then moving the file onto the blank space. God, why are you so finicky, iTunes?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 9, 2011

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I have a song that belongs on both an album and an EP. Could I have this single file appear in both groups or will I need to duplicate the file?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Haven't they been releasing updates on Fridays as of late? Maybe it's coming in a few days?

:argh:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Mac user here.

There are some oddities, but overall this is a huge step up. I like it a lot.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Now that I've been playing with this for a while, I've come up with an idea for the next version: MiniMiniPlayer in the OS X Menu Bar.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Having used it more and more since it came out, I'm starting to feel like this isn't a complete rebuild. The UI, sure, but the underlying mechanics? Seems pretty much the same.

Am I just loony?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I have backups of my old iTunes library from around 2009 and 2010. I would like to view the playlists in there, and find the name of a few songs. How can I do this? Do I open the main library in an XML reader?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

It seems to me that 'played' means a song that completes. Is there any way to set 'Recently Played' so that it tracks all songs started but not necessarily completed?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I bet this gets asked a lot so forgive me.

I formatted and reinstalled Lion last night. On my previous instance, I had iTunes reading files off my external. The core library, I believe, was still on the internal hard drive. I backed it up so that's fine. How do I import this old configuration to my new instance without having to rebuild this godforsakenly large and pedantically tagged library?

Same external so I don't need to change whatever associations with that.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Mac A is my main laptop for around the house. Mac B is a home theater station attached to my audio receiver. Is there a way to control the iTunes on Mac B from Mac A? I know I could use Remote on an iPhone, but I was hoping for something similar on OS X.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

On Monday I bought a NAS. Once it's fully up I plan on moving my music files, mostly lossless and high bit-rate files, to it. Then I plan on telling iTunes to read the music files off the NAS. I don't want on any music files on my computer. I will have the iTunes XML and other application files on my computer, but the m4a and mp3 will stay on the NAS.

Considering I have a decently fast wireless network, one question: will I have problems with gapless playback? Even the slightest skip drives me absolutely nuts so I hope albums play seamlessly.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Has anyone had the pleasure of having a lot of their songs in iTunes Match collection go silent after like a minute or two of playing? The progress bar still goes, but there is no sound whatsoever.

It's massively frustrating and I have no idea how to even diagnose it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is there a way to add an album in the cloud to my iCloud library without clicking on the album, going to its page, and then clicking 'add to my music'? i feel like there should be a quicker way.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ok is it normal for itunes to take three seconds to respond to clicks within it? for instance, when itunes it out of focus, and i want to switch from my current program to it, i'll click it and it'll take three seconds to come into focus. then when it is in focus, starting and stopping takes three seconds. sometimes it happens instantly as it should. but most times there's lag. itunes is the only program on my computer that does this. and i just built this thing with 16gb and a xeon 8-core processor so i'm pretty sure the machine can handle itunes.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

I THINK I FOUND IT

turn off 'download album art automatically', 'sync playback across devices', and 'share details about your itunes with apple'.

e: not perfect, but it's better.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Does any suffer from randomly deleted songs? I'm on Apple Music, and songs from albums I add from it will just disappear. Not grey out, just flat out disappear. Or sometimes a track at the beginning of the album will go to the end of the album, or appear in its own album.

I have no idea what causes this but it's been happening ever since I joined and I'm bound and determined to figure this out. I can fix it by deleting the album and adding it again but goddamn that's annoying.

e: like what the gently caress

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 17, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

windows 10.

my library's huge. part local, part cloud. whenever i try to switch between any of my playlists or library sections, itunes freezes. songs keep playing, but i cannot select, scroll, or tell itunes to do anything. this happens about 95% of the time. sometimes it unfreezes after a minute or two. regardless, what i found is i can always unfreeze it by minimizing itunes, then maximizing it. works like a charm after that...until i switch between any of my playlists or library sections again.

what does that tell you about the root of my freezes? it tells me there's some wrong about the visuals. maybe itunes is less at fault than my video card? my drivers are up-to-date. any logs i can check out?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Mar 30, 2017

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the new itunes rules

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

IUG posted:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208075

Apple is starting to strip things out of iTunes to help optimize it? And there's FLAC support in iOS 11? What is happening?

also, it does not support flac. hopefully in the next version.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in the new version released a few weeks ago, is it no longer possible to sort by artists then year in a playlist?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

mac or pc? i’m on pc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

also, does anyone adjust the bit depth and sample rate? does it hurt to max them out? i have an external dac as well, and it supports 32bit and 768 khz. not really sure if any of this matters, though?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 30, 2019