Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

Casao posted:

For proper tagging and music cleaning, just look at TuneUp. It's an addon for iTunes that can clean/auto tag poo poo and add album art. It's $20 for a lifetime license, I dropped it after about 5 minutes of using it. Just makes life simpler, if you're lazy.

This is some of the best advice in the thread. I dropped $20 on this, and it found artwork for all my albums, save for two really obscure metal CDs. It's also great for fixing the tabs on a large number of mp3s. It can process up to 500 songs at a time. Well worth the pittance they're asking for it.

Also, I've started experimenting with playlists. Constantly shuffling through the artists on my 80GB iPod was getting wearisome. I created a "New poo poo" Smart Playlist that catches anything added after yesterday's date, which has helped a lot. I've tried to get into Songbird, but iTunes is pretty good if you just work with its flaws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

smackfu posted:

Apple really needs to work on their Season Pass system. I have an episode from Wed night that still isn't showing up as available. Not to mention the automatic downloads pretty much don't work at all, although the streaming works better here anyways.

We've had the same issue with Project Runway and a few other shows. Did you look in "More on iTunes?" Sometimes the episodes show up there.

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

Well, TuneUp 3 is a bloated piece of crap. What are people using to organize their music collections on OSX these days?

Rabid Koala
Aug 18, 2003

Suqit posted:

iTunes.

Yes, yes, but iTunes does not always find artwork, especially in the case of jazz and classical albums. I'd like something that will pull CDDB information and properly label complex classical CDs where the composer and artist differ (classical composers being mostly dead and all).