Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

groverat
Aug 5, 2004

$ watch the money pile up $
When I'm on the iPhone itself it just lets me redownload. On my PC it wants me to pay again. That's loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

groverat
Aug 5, 2004

I've read the entire thread, so hopefully this wasn't already answered, but here is my issue:

I want to fill my iPhone with 4* and 5* tracks, so I have a Smart Playlist set to include all tracks rated better than 3*. However, this gives me duplicates

An example:
The Smith's "How Soon Is Now?"
It is on Hatful of Hollow and Meat is Murder as well as the Pitchfork Top 500 Songs. I have three copies of it, all rated 5*. I want to keep all three copies, because I want to preserve the integrity of the collection, but I don't need 3 copies of it on my iPhone.

Obviously this isn't a problem for just one song, I do it manually, but it's a pretty widespread issue in my collection.

[edit]

Added an image to illustrate the problem and also to manipulate readers into being more interested in my post.

groverat fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 15, 2009

groverat
Aug 5, 2004

It's a pain in the rear end, but I can't think of anything else, either.