Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005
OK, so I just started playing around with iTunes a little more seriously, setting up a whole bunch of playlists to make sifting through stuff easier. However, something really weird has happened when I have things sorted by album in gallery view, and go into a particular album:

Click here for the full 1222x544 image.

Seems like every data column has disappeared. I can add some columns back in, but there's no option for song title, among a couple others. It works just fine with every other possible viewing option, but I use the album gallery view, so I'm kind of annoyed. Anyone know of a way to reset this?

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baldrash
Oct 26, 2005

IUG posted:

Since you have the first CD I ever purchased as your example, you get my undivided attenion. So, have you gone into the View Menu and gone to View Options? This has all the check boxes for what you want displayed in a particular playlist.

Yeah, I tried that. The problem is that iTunes doesn't have the Name field in their view options, which causes some serious issues when it comes to putting things back to normal. I found an AppleScript that would fix my problems, now if only I weren't running this damnable Windows. Google wasn't much help either, it seems like everything links back to the AppleScript.

:argh:

EDIT: I just spent two hours fiddling with various config files and a couple of reinstalls, and I've determined that the fault lay in my iTunes Library file. I cleared it out with Notepad to force iTunes to import from the Music Library XML file and that seems to have fixed things. Now I get to let iTunes redo the gapless playback stuff and all that. Better than losing all my ratings, times played, etc. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, at least.

On a side note, good LORD, the Windows version of iTunes is a complete and total clusterfuck. I've never seen so many registry keys strewn about or files left behind after an uninstall.

Baldrash fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 23, 2009