Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

IUG posted:

The only problem with this is sometimes when I'm listening to something newer, I might not know exactly what I'm listening to. Since you can't have two iTunes windows open, one for the Library, one for the mini-player

Wanna see a cool trick? :)

Click here for the full 1440x900 image.

1. Create a smart playlist where kind contains "audio file".
2. Double-click smart playlist to open it in a new window.
3. Minimize/zoom the main window.

edit: doesn't negate your solution, but I thought it was a neat trick

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

IUG posted:

Yeah, I know you can open a playlist like that. However, I don't think you can have both windows show the same playlist. Besides, this program will show 3 lines of info, let you rate the song, and shows you the album art.

Really, I just wish for a way to use old Audion faces to control iTunes.

I think you're missing what I'm showing you. The smart playlist is actually a copy of your library. Therefore, the main window is in mini mode and the library is still visible. Make sense?

e: but it's cool if you wanna use the floaty thingy still, of course

Mikey-San fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 6, 2008

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

admiraldennis posted:

I use a variation for this to fill my 60GB iPod from my much larger music collection:

-15GB most played
-15GB most recently added
-15GB most recently played
-A selection of albums/tracks I specifically wants
-The rest is filled in randomly

Smart Playlists are seriously the slickest way to load up iPods and iPhones with music. Especially dig using ones that keep my phone stocked with whatever I've been listening to recently. I always have something I want to hear, and iTunes does all the work for me. :V