Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

*Country/Provider: USA

*Current contract status: Virgin Mobile monthly--200 anytime, 500 night/weekend, 1000 texts for around $35/month after taxes and stuff

*Budget: $70/month (for 2 people)

*Features I know I want: texting, camera phone

I have a really low phone usage, even though I don't own a landline and only use my cell phone. I usually hit around 150-200 minutes a month, and I use around 200-300 texts.

Now, my fiance is currently on a family plan with his family (AT&T), but he and I are looking into getting our own plan(s) since we're getting married, and to free up a spot on the family plan for his youngest sister. I was assuming that a family plan for us would be cheaper than two separate plans, but I guess it really depends on what we want. His phone usage is nearly identical to mine, except he probably uses closer to 300 minutes a month--still not much. We don't need data plans or fancy iPhones or BlackBerry phones or anything like that--right now we both just have basic flip phones with crappy cameras.

I hate the idea of contracts which is why I've been with Virgin Mobile for the last few years, although I saw in the stickied threads that apparently you can just buy a phone at full price and go monthly without a contract? I hadn't heard that before, does that basically just work the same way prepaid does?

Anyways, recommendations on either a family plan for the two of us (or if we should just go with two separate plans) and on decent phones would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU