Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

• Country/Provider: United States/AT&T

• Current contract status: Up for renewal (has unlimited texting, and some limited data plan)

• Budget: $1-$100 with the contract upgrade (it's on a business account so I have to stick with AT&T anyway)

• Features I know I want: My last phone (for 3 years) was a razor. So, I would love a better passable way to browse the internet (can any phones in this price range use something like flash lite?), maybe with a full qwerty keypad, or just a nice keypad. MP3 capabilities with decent storage would be awesome, but that might be wishful thinking (plus I have a Zen and I don't mind carrying it around). Maybe a not lovely camera? Also, it would be great if I could use it in Europe, but it's not a deal breaker. Pretty much everything I said is not really important to me (demanding anything with a tiny budget seems greedy), I just want the best phone I can get for the price.

I don't know anything about phones, and I really want to make a smart choice this time, and the budget I posted is what I've been told. Thanks in advance everyone.

Truly :shobon:

:: I like the E71 a lot, and the q9 looks ok too, but a little big... Can you buy those phones on a plan or only unlocked?

Umph fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/e69753d420353473adaae3f3009e80a99504f00c/samsung-sgh-i780-gps-phone[1].jpg[/img]

Does anyone here have the new Samsung Epix? I was playing around with it, and I liked the mouse doodad, and it's touchscreen with a stylus. The windows mobile 6.1 professional is getting pretty mixed reviews, but it's the best AT&T smartphone with wifi I've seen for under $200 with a contract. The blackjack 2 doesn't have wifi, and for some reason I'm avoiding blackberries.

If you don't like the Epix, what smartphone would you recommend for AT&T under $200? I read that the :obama:Nokia E71:obama: might be coming to AT&T branded, anyone heard anything about a street date?

Umph fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 14, 2008

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Steinbeck posted:

What up with this? Is it the extra monthly fee or?
Yeah I guess, I don't even really understand the fee, but is it for the pleasure of using a blackberry? Also I like to have something different then other people, that Nokia really hits the spot.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

kalibar posted:

:eng101:
Thanks a ton Kalibar.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

AT&T(Missouri) in the US but international at least half of every year.

Hey friends,

My girlfriend needs a unlocked cellphone and I am trying to figure out a way to help. She is on my AT&T plan (she pays me the balance) and her iPhone she got from her work broke and she is now doing part time contract work so there isn't a replacement coming. We are only in the US for a few months a year so she needs an un-lockable phone. I do not have an upgrade available, and my current phone (Samsung alpha at&t variant) never got a root method so I can't just do a swap and unlock mine.

Are there any decent international smart phones for 200$? I saw the Samsung S3/4 mini online but I do not know if it's a decent device. I see the Moto X is the recommended phone in here? Which model do you guys suggest? Any alternatives to check out?

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 13, 2015

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

So an update:

International
ATT/Unlocked

Hi so I think in my earlier post I specified a price range at 200$, but she's actually willing to go up to $400 US. Are there any 'best' options for an unlocked androids smartphone in that price range? She likes the S4, but I want to be able to offer her other options if there are better unlocked phones in that price range. I had an S4 and I thought it was a terrific phone personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Does anyone know what the go-to budget android phone is? The last one I bought was a moto e 2nd gen and it was pretty terrific, is there a new one like that?