Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock, BRB
Jun 23, 2004

by T. Finn
My dear old mum said she'd buy me a new phone for christmas since my current one is an old piece of poo poo. It'd be nice to know what phones I would prefer want so I could tell her, but I have no idea. I want a phone with like wireless network access and a nice browser/screen (the one I had before my current could run opera mini, that seemed nice)
I was looking at the S60 phones, some of them were too expensive, but the N78 seemed alright. Then I found out they were sluggish and slow, and I can not stand that in a phone. The iPhone seems to be fast, but I'm not really an Apple fan and it's too expensive here, 4000 NOK ≈ 580 USD for an "unlocked" version (so I can use it with my current operator and not the overpriced iphone monopoly operator).
Are there any other smartphones that I should check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock, BRB
Jun 23, 2004

by T. Finn

Steinbeck posted:

What's the G1 priced like for carriers in your area on NOK moon money ?

It's not sold here.