Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
There's a midnight showing of the Human Centipede in my town tomorrow night. I already watched it online but I sort of want to go just to gauge the audience's reaction...I hated it so hard when I first saw it but I somehow feel compelled to witness it again, on a huge screen...I hate myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
So I saw The Human Centipede at a midnight showing in Portland Maine tonight, and there was a pretty decent turnout...A lot of laughing at the Doctor's super creepy acting and a lot of people being somewhat grossed out by some of the more violent/scatological sequences but all in all it's not as creepy as it was the first time I saw it...the director has said the sequel is supposed to be far worse, and I believe it. But meh, it isn't the worst thing I've ever seen in a movie. Try any of Gasper Noe's films, not horror, but far more dicturbing in a more realistic sense.

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
So I recently saw As Above, So Below in theaters and in spite of the poor reviews I've read, I loved it and my sister was pretty terrified and stressed out for nearly the whole time (she basically started barking in fear during one of the shock scares, that was amusing). I didn't mind the lengthy first part of the film that established background of Ms. Indiana Jones and I thought that overall she was a really sympathetic, likeable character. I am looking for recommendations for films that are similar to As Above in the sense of having compelling characters you want to root for as opposed to a truckload of idiots that pretty much have whatever terrible thing absolutely coming to them. Another recent example of a horror film that had this character development that I like is Lords of Salem. I thought Sheri Moon Zombie was really great in that. Anyways, suggestions would be welcome.

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
i haven't actually so thanks!

forever whatever
Sep 28, 2007

Hitting the wall.
Yea Lords of Salem slays and Sheri Moon is actually really good in it too.