Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I work for a small MSP supporting around 160 companies. No instances of it so far but it sounds loving brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Had a really poo poo form of Cryptolocker today. Can't remember the exact name but it switched off all backup and internet-related services after it had fully encrypted the exchange database. Thankfully we had a cold backup for that particular site, because they never switched out the backup disk. That was erased fully. Scary stuff.

It was charging $5000 too, so it's not like it was an "Oh we can just pay the $300" deal.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

bull3964 posted:

How in the hell did it get on a machine that had access to the exchange database?

Not sure, I don't deal with that company too often. IIRC they might have refused to pay for AV.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

https://www.malwarebytes.org

Run that, see what pops up! Oh, and start your browser in safe mode if it's got one (All add-ins disabled) to see if there's a difference as well.

• Locked thread