Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

coinstarpatrick posted:

Nthing superantispyware.
It seems to be a few days in front of Malwarebytes now consistently, but MWBAM is still a vital tool. Between those two you can pretty much get anything.

A few posts up where it was suggested to run a livecd... is there a way to run SuperAS or MWB off a livecd? That would be unbelievable.

I ran MWB and SuperAS off of a Backtrack 3 liveCD in Wine. It found (and removed) a rootkit on an infected Windows XP machine.

PROTIP: Install MWB and SuperAntispyware, then run winecfg and change your C: drive to /mnt/hda1 (or whatever your C: drive is. /mnt/sda1, whatever.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jo
Jan 24, 2005

:allears:
Soiled Meat

Hillridge posted:

I think this may be a side effect of all the cleaning I did to get rid of my infection. Some text comes up like this in firefox. How do I fix this?

Edit: It's not a font or encoding issue either.

It would appear several of your vowels have become surprised. Give them time to calm down.

• Locked thread