Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Threads like these remind me of the old adage "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of the cure."

Now, I know most people don't intentionally get viruses or malware. I know that some of it is just a flat out pain to avoid, and some things aren't really all that preventable until patches are released.

But for the preventable stuff. How do we get the world to be smarter with technology? How do we get idiots to stop clicking on every single loving popup that comes on their screen?

I had to fix my step-dad's laptop a few days ago because he just clicks on things without thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That's crazy to see a site hijacked like that.

I'm so glad I don't have to fix these things with any frequency anymore.

• Locked thread