Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

JackDarko posted:

This is a 15 but I reckon there isn't much of a difference it definitely feels a lot quicker than my prior car, a jeep grand Cherokee. The CVT really is a blast.

Yeah, Honda rarely changes much year-to-year these days. It's the midrange that really makes the difference; even with five gears there are still some times where a sixth gear would really help the K24 do its thing. I think a lot of it is the CVT 'kicks down' much faster than the five-speed.

The CR-V I bought with an auto because that was the only option. The Accord's CVT is so good I could actually see many reasons to choose it over the stick. If they made a proper long-roof wagon version, I'd even consider dumping my CR-V much sooner than planned to get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tremek posted:

If I'm not mistaken that photo was somewhere in Colorado, kastein... Jtruck... Do the needful...

The spur of the moment car buying budget is currently 1 car overspent this year, sadly :v: (thanks again!)

I may be trying to peer pressure <redacted> into finding a <redacted> in CO or the bay area to drive home sometime around late July or early August, however.

Dreadite
Dec 31, 2004

College Slice

D C posted:

Springtime park drive.

Not enough love for this one. Beautiful.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

kastein posted:

The spur of the moment car buying budget is currently 1 car overspent this year, sadly :v: (thanks again!)

I may be trying to peer pressure <redacted> into finding a <redacted> in CO or the bay area to drive home sometime around late July or early August, however.

Yea, the problem is, my budget for flying airplanes has eaten into playing with cars :v:

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

kastein posted:

i spent $1500 on my 1G AWD DSM back in 2001, and it was in fantastic shape with one owner.

so i'm pretty sure you could get one for $300.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

dema posted:

'merica

:911:

'Murica

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj1Lgdg8A04

:911:

Also the moment I realized my reverse lights aren't working... :v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like a popcorn maker under a metal bowl

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Pham Nuwen posted:

I hit the rocker panels with some semi-gloss black and it looks loving goooood.

That looks awesome!

D C posted:

Springtime park drive.

So does this!
This is a very good thing!

Shithead Ocelot
Dec 12, 2004

I HAVE AN UNDERWEAR TURNAROUND RATE OF ONE EVERY MONTH (that's when i turn it around to the clean side)
New Toy! Got rid of the remaining chrome straight away.

My little storm trooper.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Looks great. I love blacked-out white cars. Plasti-Dip on the window trim? I did that on my Jeep and love how it came out, even if the prep work was a pain in the rear end.

Edit: Only pic I have handy, took right after I pulled the masking off.

Wamsutta fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 29, 2015

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

You may remember my '87 Mustang LX that had shorty headers, a Flowmaster exhaust and an e303 cam when I bought it.

Just got it back from the shop yesterday and now it looks like this:

I'm going old-school.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Count Freebasie posted:

You may remember my '87 Mustang LX that had shorty headers, a Flowmaster exhaust and an e303 cam when I bought it.

I'm going old-school.

I learned to drive on my dad's '88 LX. Want to drive your car for nostalgia purposes, thanks in advance.

Edit: vv 320hp doesn't even sound like much by today's standards, until you realize this car only weighs one fat guy more than a new Miata. Are there any cars that weigh under 2800 that ship with 300 hp?

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 29, 2015

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

I'm going old-school.

Bonus:

First pull on the dyno; it was running rich, which you can see from the exhaust. 272whp (319 at the crank)/301lb-ft.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=30mwtcn&s=8#.VWikQBfMtUU

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 29, 2015

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Count Freebasie posted:

Bonus:

First pull on the dyno; it was running rich, which you can see from the exhaust. 272whp (319 at the crank)/301lb-ft.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=30mwtcn&s=8#.VWikQBfMtUU

P good numbers. What is the curb weight?

edit: reading comprehension > me, this is literally two posts up. my bad.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

GramCracker posted:

P good numbers. What is the curb weight?

edit: reading comprehension > me, this is literally two posts up. my bad.

A little over 3,000 pounds without driver.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!

Count Freebasie posted:

I'm going old-school.

Was it carbureted when you got it or did you do the swap yourself? I'm debating building a carbed 351 for my '89 and I'm wondering how difficult the wiring harness surgery is.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Something something I DO AWD BURNOUTS AT WILL :smuggo: :smug: Who do I sound like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK29F5ngnlg

Continuing the tradition of taking a new car to the track within the first day of ownership, check. Stock, our X5M turns out to be at least a second quicker and 7mph faster in the quarter than our '06 Cayenne Turbo S was. My wife nailed launch control on her first try, and then the rain came so beers were had instead. :(

Shithead Ocelot
Dec 12, 2004

I HAVE AN UNDERWEAR TURNAROUND RATE OF ONE EVERY MONTH (that's when i turn it around to the clean side)

Wamsutta posted:

Looks great. I love blacked-out white cars. Plasti-Dip on the window trim? I did that on my Jeep and love how it came out, even if the prep work was a pain in the rear end.

Nah it's vinyl I think, came as part of the black optics package from Audi.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Tremek posted:

Something something I DO AWD BURNOUTS AT WILL :smuggo: :smug: Who do I sound like

I don't know whether the text or the pair of cars is better, but I do know that's a lot of rear end/hauling right there.

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
E: wrong forum

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Shithead Ocelot posted:

Nah it's vinyl I think, came as part of the black optics package from Audi.

If it's a factory black optics car, it's black trim, not just vinyl over the silver trim. There are different parts for BO cars.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Propaganda Bob posted:

Was it carbureted when you got it or did you do the swap yourself? I'm debating building a carbed 351 for my '89 and I'm wondering how difficult the wiring harness surgery is.

It came with stock EFI, but since it's an '87 when I got it, it required an MAF conversion due to the factory speed density setup. I didn't do the wiring myself, but it was a fairly involved process. Everything is sitting in a pretty organized fashion tucked up against the firewall.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 30, 2015

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

That looks incredibly clean. Me like.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I've flown aircraft - rather large ones at that - with less horsepower than your two cars combined.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MrChips posted:

I've flown aircraft - rather large ones at that - with less horsepower than your two cars combined.

That's cheating; the Dash-8 doesn't make a lot of horsepower when the engines fail.

superscumbag
Oct 25, 2012

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
I have achieved peak Anit-AI. And I enjoy driving it, as it is pretty comfortable. :smithicide:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Count Freebasie posted:

I'm going old-school.

Old-school? Dyno? Shop? :corsair:

Ask me about going from this:

to this:

Without any new-fangled shop or Dyno-whatsit-gizmo. :homebrew: Uphill, in the snow, both ways, etc.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

This is glorious and perfect.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tamir Lenk posted:

Old-school? Dyno? Shop? :corsair:

Ask me about going from this:

to this:

Without any new-fangled shop or Dyno-whatsit-gizmo. :homebrew: Uphill, in the snow, both ways, etc.

:golfclap:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

You Un-Allroaded it!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

CharlesM posted:

You Un-Allroaded it!

I made it a Mallroad.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How much krill do you collect per day, on average?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Heh! someone caught me trying to park in downtown Denver.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

God I love that thing. Please post more videos of you offroading it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Finally pulled the other 500 out of the garage so the wife could drive it. It's sat for the last 6 months, unloved.

Bardia_UnitesUs
Jun 2, 2015
My 2015 Mustang GT leaving Car's and Coffee with a GTR.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Doccers posted:

Heh! someone caught me trying to park in downtown Denver.

It's not that much bigger than your standard SUV, is it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

mobby_6kl posted:

It's not that much bigger than your standard SUV, is it.

No, it's really not. Taller, yes.

But length-wise, it's shorter than a suburban or average 150/1500 pickup, and width-wise, it's only about 6 feet or so.
The wheelbase between the front and mid axles is just 90 inches, so imagine a defender 90 sitting there.

The forward-control design just makes it look immense when there's nothing next to it, and it has an absolutely hilarious amount of room inside of it.

It's just very, very tall. Parking garages scare me.