Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MiniFoo posted:

Holy gently caress. :flashfap:

more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

This. Missing my aw11 so loving much right now.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Calus posted:

1986 Toyota MR2, 2zz swap with 6 speed. Long term project.

Quoting for new page because :swoon:

Please tell us more about the wheel/tire size and flares (s30?) because god dayum. Thanks for posting, this is just the motivation I need to keep working on my k20 aw11 swap.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I always liked those celicas. Though how does the 2zz only make 130 ft/lbs of torque, but 180hp?

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right

MasonF posted:

Yay, another AW11 owner! I've always thought about a 2ZZ swap, but it always seemed like it was too much work for the price. Yours is sweet though. What transmission are you using? I have two Supercharged AW11s and an n/a that I've completely built the engine on and plan on going turbo later on down the line. I want to do a 2GR-FE V6 swap into one of them eventually.
My newest SC:

I'm using a c64 trans from a Feilder. The gears are a little closer together so you can stay in the lift range when you shift. The main reason I wanted the 2zz was to keep the weight down. The 2zz is slightly lighter than the 4A, whereas all the other engine swaps you see on these are way heavier. I snap oversteer enough without hundreds of extra pounds in the back. I've been playing with these going on 8 years, what about you?

TWSS posted:

Please tell us more about the wheel/tire size and flares (s30?) because god dayum. Thanks for posting, this is just the motivation I need to keep working on my k20 aw11 swap.

The wheels and tires right now are 15x8 0 offset, with Nitto Neo Gen 205/50/15. The flares are indeed for an s30, good eye! They required a lot of trimming though. k20 swaps are insane, although I'm such a Toyota fanboy I never would. How close are you to completion? Anyways, here's some more.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That is such a beautiful car.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

VA Beach goon spotted.

Also, can you please tell me what is going on here:

I'm assuming Fiero.

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

VA Beach goon spotted.

Also, can you please tell me what is going on here:

I'm assuming Fiero.

I'm not in VA anymore, I moved back to NH when I got out of the Navy.

As for the Countach, my sister's dad has been a body guy since the 50s. He built that out of tubes, sheet metal, and fiberglass, started out with just two front fenders like 20 years ago. This is what he does when he waits for paint to dry.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy poo poo. Please make a thread or something, that AW11 is perfect, in every way.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Calus posted:

I'm not in VA anymore, I moved back to NH when I got out of the Navy.

Well drat. Your car is awesome and I want to sit in it.

Terrible Robot posted:

Holy poo poo. Please make a thread or something, that AW11 is perfect, in every way.

This.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Goddamn I miss my AW11.

Also that Celica is a beauty.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Elmnt80 posted:

I always liked those celicas. Though how does the 2zz only make 130 ft/lbs of torque, but 180hp?

VTEC VVTI BRO

TWSS posted:

Thread pls. I've recent become fascinated with MRS/MR2 k swaps. Like making a baby NSX.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Crustashio posted:

VTEC VVTI BRO

Thread pls. I've recent become fascinated with MRS/MR2 k swaps. Like making a baby NSX.

It's in the works. I won't be making a thread until the engine mount prototypes are perfect (I'm using the stock chassis mounts so there is no cutting) and my "$500 custom axles lifetime warranty" bro has time to come by and get a set made. Then I'll be pulling the motor to get precise measurements on the mounts so I can bang them out with the help of this dongle

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

Calus posted:

I'm using a c64 trans from a Feilder. The gears are a little closer together so you can stay in the lift range when you shift. The main reason I wanted the 2zz was to keep the weight down. The 2zz is slightly lighter than the 4A, whereas all the other engine swaps you see on these are way heavier. I snap oversteer enough without hundreds of extra pounds in the back. I've been playing with these going on 8 years, what about you?
Yeah, makes sense. That's also one of the reasons I want to go with the 2GR-FE. It's lighter than a 3S-GTE (which was the original plan) but makes more power in stock form, and even more when modified. Someday.
I've had MR2s since about 2005 when my dad gave me my 86 (automatic, unfortunately) for my first car. He's always been a Porsche guy so he felt it was kind of in the same family, ha. Since then I've had countless MR2s with a few Celicas and Supras sprinkled in there. Right now I have an 85 n/a that I'm building up, an 88 S/C that I'm using as a parts car (probably selling it soon), and an 87 S/C that I just bought off my roommate. Also have an 84 Celica Supra race car, and a 2000 F-150 for hauling parts.
Oh yeah, and this is what a $700 truck looks like! Needed a new water pump because it was puking coolant out of the old one, and that's it. The water pump was $50, and took me less than an hour to install.
I think I got a pretty good deal. :smuggo:

Also, figured I'd include a few pictures of my (now sold) 85 MR2 with flares. This was back when Hellaflush was still relatively new. Got a lot of hate for it, even though it was still functional. I did regret it after though, that's why I sold it. You can kind of see the race car under the car cover if you look closely too!

Looked like this when I sold it:

This is what the new owner currently has it looking like. (Only picture I could find of it)

TWSS posted:

It's in the works. I won't be making a thread until the engine mount prototypes are perfect (I'm using the stock chassis mounts so there is no cutting) and my "$500 custom axles lifetime warranty" bro has time to come by and get a set made. Then I'll be pulling the motor to get precise measurements on the mounts so I can bang them out with the help of this dongle

That's loving rad. You should make other MR2 stuff with that too. Parts are in short supply, especially for AW11s.

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
Post your kid's ride:

Kiddo said he wanted a green Mustang like mine for his birthday, so I found a blue one and painted it to match. I'm a huge dork.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

blk96gt posted:

Post your kid's ride:

Kiddo said he wanted a green Mustang like mine for his birthday, so I found a blue one and painted it to match. I'm a great dad.

Agreed.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Cool dad.jpg

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I got a GTI

2016 SE w/ Performance, Lighting, and DCC. It's got a little bit of pep to it, fun to drive.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Elmnt80 posted:

8400RPM redline.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

8400RPM redline.

Love me the AW11 but my runner up would be a MR2 Spider with the 2ZZ swap. Holy hell those are fun, like a slightly more comfortable Elise that's ugly in a different way.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
5 years driving it & still lookin' pretty nice. :cool:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

5 years driving it & still lookin' pretty nice. :cool:

Very sexy, nice picture too.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

In an effort to cut down the driving part of my fleet to more sane levels, I combined two cars into one. Protege and Corvette are gone, and have been morphed into an Audi S5. Car has Carbon Atlas inserts, Tech Package, Nav package, Bang & Olufsen sound, and the huge glass moonroof. Much more civilized than the Corvette on the inside, although clearly not as fast. Plate is staying.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Love the S5, great looking car. You seem to go through cars a lot (or have a lot?) Seems like you have something different everytime you post, haha.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The cars may change, but the slo-rice stays the same.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
Imperador do you live in a state with no sales tax? I dream of being able to buy and sell cars whenever I get bored of mine but then an s5 would have about 3500 in sales tax and it becomes impossible to do that with any frequency. It sucks because if you buy a car you don't like all that much you have a huge sunken cost that forces you to keep it. If I buy a used s5 now and then want to sell it in a year chances are the sales tax will have been more than what the car depreciated which is mind blowing.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What year S5 is that?

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 25, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Take that badge dealer sticker off.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Brasil you have had one of the most eccentric and varied car histories I've beheld on these forums and I dig every one of your choices. Keep piling on the crazy.

Which car do you miss the most, if any at all.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Jealous Cow posted:

What year S5 is that?

2008/9? V8 still. With a RS5 grill it looks like.

Also that RLS badge is horrible, is that a dealer thing?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

D C posted:

2008/9? V8 still. With a RS5 grill it looks like.

Also that RLS badge is horrible, is that a dealer thing?

That looks great for an 08/09. The headlights look like the current gen to me.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blk96gt posted:

Post your kid's ride:

Kiddo said he wanted a green Mustang like mine for his birthday, so I found a blue one and painted it to match. I'm a huge dork.

This is awesome.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Cage posted:

Take that badge dealer sticker off.

No man, be proud of your S5 Chevrolet Cadillac.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Haha yeah I have to take all the poo poo off the back still, just haven't had time. I don't even know what RLS is? Maybe another dealer?
To answer questions, it's an 09 S5 with the 4.2 V8. 6-speed. RS5 replica grill. I do go through cars a lot, the trick with the taxes is to stay in generally the same price bracket since the sales tax is only applied to the difference between cars. On the cheap cars like my little projects and beaters, yeah I lose some $ on the taxes but oh well...

The cars I miss the most would be my 96 Bronco and my 09 Cobalt SS Turbo. Just hard-to-find, fun vehicles that filled a nice role in my life and I wish I could have back. Third would probably be my E92 M3. Just a ridiculous family sedan.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Haha yeah I have to take all the poo poo off the back still, just haven't had time. I don't even know what RLS is? Maybe another dealer?
To answer questions, it's an 09 S5 with the 4.2 V8. 6-speed. RS5 replica grill. I do go through cars a lot, the trick with the taxes is to stay in generally the same price bracket since the sales tax is only applied to the difference between cars. On the cheap cars like my little projects and beaters, yeah I lose some $ on the taxes but oh well...

The cars I miss the most would be my 96 Bronco and my 09 Cobalt SS Turbo. Just hard-to-find, fun vehicles that filled a nice role in my life and I wish I could have back. Third would probably be my E92 M3. Just a ridiculous family sedan.

Oh are you trading vehicles in? Some states only charge sales tax on the difference in price between trade in and purchase price. California doesn't do that I'm almost positive. California wants you to own a Honda civic for ten years of your life and spend the rest of your money on property. Thats where we give people huge tax breaks!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

coolskillrex remix posted:

Oh are you trading vehicles in? Some states only charge sales tax on the difference in price between trade in and purchase price. California doesn't do that I'm almost positive. California wants you to own a Honda civic for ten years of your life and spend the rest of your money on property. Thats where we give people huge tax breaks!

The more expensive/luxury/sports whatever cars are trades. I usually have a smaller rotating fleet of sport compacts floating around as well.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

E92 M3. Just a ridiculous family sedan.

Isn't the E92 the coupe?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Raluek posted:

Isn't the E92 the coupe?

E90. Sorry.

Penskecat
Aug 26, 2005

This car has been running and on the road for a few years now. I always liked this photo from the build.

Edit: Iliterate rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Penskecat posted:

This car has been running and on the road for a few years now. I always liked this photo from the build.

Edit: Iliterate rear end in a top hat.

:stare: more. More please.