Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

purchased a month ago, my first car is this little thing and it will surely be the death of me. at least we will look good going sideways into a ditch, i'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

First car? DOING IT RIGHT.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
No idea if that was sarcastic but I'm going to answer with a legitimate Oh hell yeah. It was great deal too, in my opinion, which is why I jumped on it. US Import that was babied (I'm in Canada), 47k miles, 2008 model with no flaws at all and in near-perfect condition.Plus the 350z is a good base to mod which is an awesome plus to me.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Absolutely zero sarcasm, that's a fantastic first car and all importantly REAR WHEEL DRIVE which means it'll be fun.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I AM BRAWW posted:

purchased a month ago, my first car is this little thing and it will surely be the death of me. at least we will look good going sideways into a ditch, i'm sure.

Hell yeah! Seconding 88, awesome first car. Steve Millen has you covered for go fast bits once you've adjusted to the stock speed of your Z.

Edit: And once the exchange rate gets better :canada:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

88h88 posted:

Absolutely zero sarcasm, that's a fantastic first car and all importantly REAR WHEEL DRIVE which means it'll be fun.

That just reminds me how I learned to drive and got my learner's permit and license on my dad's '88 5.0 Mustang before I knew poo poo about cars. Once I had my license I went to school one day, came home, and mom had made him sell it and get a used Camry because it had airbags. That is how I learned what cars are good and what cars are bad.

Congrats on a good car.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Pic of the silver Honda club in the driveway today. Bonus annoyed wife in the Prelude.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 8, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Got new shoes. Been running 235/70s for the past two years when 255/70 are what the car came with so I finally fixed that.

Before:

After:

Plus now that Im not driving on Pep BoysŪ brand tires they're actually quiet and smooth.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Excuse me that appears to be a WhiteMK7.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Name change time :v: Fuuuuuck

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Sweet HF trailer.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It works. I average 33mpg towing the trailer with one bike and a hatch full of my gear. I'll be pulling both the R6 and my Tuono 2000mi in three weeks with it so we will see how that goes.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Pic of the silver Honda club in the driveway today. Bonus annoyed wife in the Prelude.

Oh you monster, I saw that for sale a month or two back. Looked unreasonably clean, congrats.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

BlackMK4 posted:

It works. I average 33mpg towing the trailer with one bike and a hatch full of my gear. I'll be pulling both the R6 and my Tuono 2000mi in three weeks with it so we will see how that goes.

That's pretty insane. What do you get unloaded, then?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
35-36 in the same conditions. I average 31mpg on my daily commute which is 50mi a day of freeway with decently heavy traffic for about half of it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
FINALLY have my Golf at the ride height I want:

:c00l: Next steps are reinforcing the rear lift, building a flat-bed, and fixing an oil guzzling problem.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Oh you monster, I saw that for sale a month or two back. Looked unreasonably clean, congrats.

Which did you see for sale? The prelude was never advertised anywhere before I bought it and if you saw the civic it was me selling it...

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 12, 2016

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Which did you see for sale? The prelude was never advertised anywhere before I bought it and if you saw the civic it was me selling it...

The prelude. There was one for sale a few months ago, I believe in that color, with ~115k on it for somewhere around $5-7k I think.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

dreesemonkey posted:

The prelude. There was one for sale a few months ago, I believe in that color, with ~115k on it for somewhere around $5-7k I think.

Is there a Honda tax is the states or something? That seems unreasonably expensive for that era of 'lude

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Mine is a 97 SH, only 94k miles. All original cause it was owned by an older guy who bought it new. The only reason it got sold is because he died and his wife and daughter don't like driving it. Daughter is a friend of mine and I got first crack at it. $3200 is all I paid. Only things not original are brakes, tires and oil. It's getting a new timing belt in December when it gets inspected, as well as a battery to replace the 19-year-old original which still cranks perfectly fine.
Here are some pics that show how clean it is.

$5-7k is not unreasonable for a prelude here in the northeast if it is rust free, especially if it's an SH. There weren't that many of them made compared to civics and accords, and they were the fastest Honda badged car of the time. I see poo poo box preludes selling for more than I paid for my pristine one all the time.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Preludes look so cool. Nice find.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Best year Prelude. God I wish Honda was making cool cars right now.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

88h88 posted:

Is there a Honda tax is the states or something? That seems unreasonably expensive for that era of 'lude

Yea most all hondas here are horribly molested, rusty, or both.

$3200 is all I paid.

Oh come on.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

dreesemonkey posted:

Yea most all hondas here are horribly molested, rusty, or both.

Oh come on.

Their original ask was $4500. After I drove it I had to have it, but I wanted to see how low I could reasonably go. I offered $3200 and they accepted. It's a real time capsule; it feels like a two or three year old car. I love this generation of Hondas because they feel so connected to the road. Not the fastest car in the world but not a lot of bullshit either. Just a fun era of compacts.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
e: wrong thread

Cage fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 14, 2016

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus
I got (another) bike.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

I got (another) bike.

What year/model? I had an 82 Suzuki GS650GL as my first bike (bought it for $250, non-running, back when I didn't know gently caress or poo poo about cars, motorcycles, or carburetors) and it was pretty sweet. Love the color on that.

BigFuzzyJesus
Dec 4, 2007
Now with more Jesus

Pham Nuwen posted:

What year/model? I had an 82 Suzuki GS650GL as my first bike (bought it for $250, non-running, back when I didn't know gently caress or poo poo about cars, motorcycles, or carburetors) and it was pretty sweet. Love the color on that.

79 750, paid 600. Me too, was helping my friend wash it before he sold it to a guy off fb, and in the process decided he should just sell it to me, feel bad for that other guy.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

I AM BRAWW posted:

Great first car. I wish I'd have ben able to afford that as a first car but I surely would have wrapped it around a light pole. Enjoy it, man.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008

Begall fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 21, 2017

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Finally got myself a nice car.

2006 Nissan Fuga 450GT - JDM version of the Infiniti M45. With a combination of the Japanese manual, the US manual and Google Translate, I've managed to make the nice Japanese lady who lives in the dash shut up so that's nice.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Bonus airplane as well.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

After a month off the road I've got a new (old) car again

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

We have been getting some use out of the Land Cruiser:

We have gone on a few trail runs with the local Toyota 4x4 group and have really enjoyed it. It's all stock aside from BFG KO2s and 17" TRD Rock Warriors, and we have gone places where open-open 4runners have had to be pulled through on a strap. The side steps have taken a little bit of a beating and we earned a scrape on the bumper, but all that goes away with sliders and an offroad bumper anyway.

Also towed the V to Virginia City, NV and back (~2500 mile round trip) in comfort and without issue within the first week we got it.

Hugely impressed at how good the 200 series is, looking forward to building this thing up and going everywhere with it.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 27, 2016

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

After the last run at Palmer Motorsports Park. Probably going to de-register it and just tow in the future.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Octopus Magic posted:

After the last run at Palmer Motorsports Park. Probably going to de-register it and just tow in the future.

How much does a day at the track cost there?

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
People didn't seem to believe me in the dumb question thread. So, here you go. My new '15 Explorer Police Interceptor.

Neither the Caddy nor the '34 Plymouth are mine - Both belong to my father, who has no arms and no legs. The universe is a cruel, cold place.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

I see that Ford has been looking at the Range Rover Sport and saying 'we could do that'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Super Aggro Crag posted:

How much does a day at the track cost there?

It was 150 for 4 20 (lol 420) minute sessions