Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mattus
Jul 5, 2007
Now with weld in cage, td06 high mount and around 415rwhp.
Also sporting some 18x10, 18x11 Work S2Rs.

edit : here's a little vid from a Tarmac rally I recenlty competed in.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=br1c-TTziSw

mattus fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Dec 14, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

dissss posted:

Guess the car:

My wagon with the two other Nissans in the family:

Avenir.

That's quite a fleet you have, sir.

mattus
Jul 5, 2007
450hp/335rwkw as of tonight.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

metalhead posted:

That thing must be a riot to drive!

Indeed it is. Tuned to perfection. Peak torque at around 3300krpm.

Belldandy posted:

Wow, really nice Skyline. Please post more info if you haven't already.

What would you like to know?
Full spec sheet? More pics? Some video?
These pics are from page one.

http://thaitran.smugmug.com/photos/398256587_euF5M-L.jpg

Lilbeefer posted:

The vast majority of Skylines still 500hping around town are not GTRs. They are generally Automatic non turbo models. These are RWD. Occasionally you get some oval office driving a GTT and automatic. RWD. Rarely you get a manual turbo drive past, but it is garunteed to be poo poo and blowing oil everwhere. And be RWD.

So, you are saying that majority of all street 500hp Skylines are Auto and non turbo? Wow, that is some serious high comp action right there...

My manual GT-T isn't blowing oil everywhere and I don't think it's poo poo, my sponsors don't think it's poo poo and you can't win numerous tarmac rallies outright with a poo poo car...

Also, whats with this "And be RWD" as if that's a bad thing?

Lilbeefer posted:

Most common are the R33 N/A automatics (RWD). These are ugly, slow and boring. Then you get a GTR R32 drive past (2/3s RWD), these are beaten to poo poo and are completely undesirable. Occasionally a 32 in decent condition (AWD) drives past, but it is still a boring grey piece of poo poo.
R33 and R34 GTRs are fairly rair. And normally some muzza cocknose has "pulled the fuse" to make it RWD.

Sweeping and completely unfounded information aside, are you aware that majority of NA Skylines are AWD? R32 GTS4, R33 GTS4 and R34 GT-X and GT-V.

You use the expression Muzza, so I'm going assume that you unfortunately inhabit the same continent as me.

At the end of the day the R32 GT- is in most cases, a twenty year old car. Like anything that old that has a following, there will be beaters, show ponies, streeters and everything in between.
Australia is home to some of the worlds best street driven R32 GT-s, Twoogle & BodyForm just to name a couple.

If you are indeed in Australia, I'd like to know what bum gently caress town you live in because 33 and 34 GT-R's are as common as they are awesome. Especially now being so affordable. Low 20k AUD for a 33 and low 50k AUD for a 34. If anything, a decent DR30 or HR31 is becoming rair.

Lilbeefer posted:

Skylines are generally poo poo.

You make my head hurt.
You honestly don't know two parts of gently caress all, champ.

edit: b0rked tables.

mattus fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 21, 2009

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Nice turbine retrofit.

TD06-L2-20G at it's limit.

I popped around 3 standard turbos while experimenting with comp housings, high flows/impellers and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattus
Jul 5, 2007

Lilbeefer posted:

gently caress you.
Also don't take everything as a personal attack, champ.

Your original post reeked of gently caress-head-ness, I'm sure you'll agree.

Moving on.