Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I wont be posting a picture because I currently don't own a car. I have commandeered my little brother's 05 Accent until January and it is nothing to look at.

I just want to say, I hope only AI posters post here. Christ know goons jump at the opportunity to post photos of themselves every opportunity, especially GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

dissss posted:

Guess the car:

My wagon with the two other Nissans in the family:

Are you in Australia or New Zealand?
I take it they are elegible for import under SEVS? Or was that a personal import?

Who did you import it through? Is this car based on the ATTESSA U13 Bluebird?

Sorry for that wall of questions :(

edit: actually don't worry, I just read the wiki article and noticed the SR20DET models only come in automatic.

Back to chasing a Caldina it is then.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Geoj posted:

And yes, before anyone asks - the hood scoops are functional. Also, I'm aware that the wheels look like poo poo (they were bought as winter wheels and are only on the car because I'm spraying my good ones to match) and the tailpipe needs trimmed. These were taken three days after I rolled it out of my father-in-law's spray booth and drove it for the first time in just short of a year, so there's still some minor stuff to do before its "complete."
Any details on what is under the bonnet to make the scoops functional?

I like the paint, and didn't notice the exhaust pipe 'til you mentioned it.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

That 205 is nice sweevo. Is that engine swap common on 205 gtis?

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

metalhead posted:

Also-RWD Skyline?

The vast majority of Skylines still 500hping around town are not GTRs. They are generally Automatic non turbo models. These are RWD. Occasionally you get some oval office driving a GTT and automatic. RWD. Rarely you get a manual turbo drive past, but it is garunteed to be poo poo and blowing oil everwhere. And be RWD.
Most common are the R33 N/A automatics (RWD). These are ugly, slow and boring. Then you get a GTR R32 drive past (2/3s RWD), these are beaten to poo poo and are completely undesirable. Occasionally a 32 in decent condition (AWD) drives past, but it is still a boring grey piece of poo poo.
R33 and R34 GTRs are fairly rair. And normally some muzza cocknose has "pulled the fuse" to make it RWD.

Skylines are generally poo poo.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Oh good I can reply in multi part.

mattus posted:

So, you are saying that majority of all street 500hp Skylines are Auto and non turbo? Wow, that is some serious high comp action right there...

No the 500hp thing was a sneaky reference to the recent poster claiming he would get at least 500hp from his BMW after he stuck some forced induction on it. I wouldn't ever expect to see a 500hp na skyline, champ.

mattus posted:

My manual GT-T isn't blowing oil everywhere and I don't think it's poo poo, my sponsors don't think it's poo poo and you can't win numerous tarmac rallies outright with a poo poo car...

Also, whats with this "And be RWD" as if that's a bad thing?

I don't recall having a bitch at your car. The general state of the skylines I see driven around are poo poo and you would be a fool to think they are as good as most people in America seem to think they are. The RWD thing was in reference to most Americans thinking Skylines are AWD.

mattus posted:

Sweeping and completely unfounded information aside, are you aware that majority of NA Skylines are AWD? R32 GTS4 (this is a turbo model you nonce) , R33 GTS4 (These are rare, I have never actually seen one of these in my life, but at least you got the NA part of it right) and R34 GT-X and GT-V (Rare).

Oh yes, most of the skyline model range is awd. If you are trying to tell me that most of the skylines driving around are AWD, then you must be pretty deluded.

mattus posted:

At the end of the day the R32 GT- is in most cases, a twenty year old car. Like anything that old that has a following, there will be beaters, show ponies, streeters and everything in between.
Australia is home to some of the worlds best street driven R32 GT-s, Twoogle & BodyForm just to name a couple.

Absolutely there are some ripper skylines around. Even in non GTR trim. Yours, for example, looks loving sweet. A bloke on the GTIROZ forums just bought a beautiful R32 gtr with a nissan crate motor in it. It trully is in excellent condition and makes awesome power.

I would put it in the top .5 percent of skylines in Australia.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Beer-Baron-s-Epic-R32-Gtr-t221436.html

mattus posted:

If you are indeed in Australia, I'd like to know what bum gently caress town you live in because 33 and 34 GT-R's are as common as they are awesome. Especially now being so affordable. Low 20k AUD for a 33 and low 50k AUD for a 34. If anything, a decent DR30 or HR31 is becoming rair.

I live in Melbourne, but used to live in Perth. Both have massive skyline communities. I dont know what this has to do with anything though.

mattus posted:

You make my head hurt.
You honestly don't know two parts of gently caress all, champ.

gently caress you.
Also don't take everything as a personal attack, champ.

Sorry for the off topic.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Click here for the full 1058x538 image.

My red Volvo 740t

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

Work car that I never use Range Rover Sport TDV8

Click here for the full 980x735 image.

The vehicle that I actually use to get to work (and to get extra irony points)

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Professor Bling posted:

I'm just bitter. The Fox Capri (in my opinion) was better than the Fox Mustang.

And, yeah, I want to physically punch the guy that thought calling a Miata-esque, FWD, two-seat convertible a "Capri" was a brilliant plan right in the loving balls.

I'm actually hoping to sell off some chaff and go buy a Mk.I soon. It's too bad I live in the Midwest and all the good Capris are on the coasts. :(

For a while I thought the Australian Capri WAS an MX-5 under the body, which would have been awesome.

I mean Mazda and Ford sold similar cars around this period didn't they? Telstar/MX-6/626, Laser/323, b2300/Courier etc etc

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Not Clutch posted:

I'll be picking this bad boy up Monday.

Jaguar XFR Supercharged 5.0 V8 510 horse, Yeah I'll be loving bitches up.

You have to post a thread. This engine is amazing, the 5.0 s/c Range Rover Sport scared me and it weighs several hundred kilos more. The XF is what cool people drive, instead of wanker BMWs.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Sockington posted:

A perfect daily driver. Wish we had nice looking Camrys (Camries? Camri? Camrolli? Flock of Camry?) in North America with decent specs like that. Just needs a moon-roof so the wind can blow through my receding hair line.

Lusting over a Camry. :allears:

If this Camry gives you a hard on you would probably look longingly at the 270hp TRD Aurion (posh Camry)

200kw of FWD dullness. Come one man, either way it is a loving camry.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

bitch nuts posted:

Just picked this up last week.

'04 Holden Commodore SS (LS1, 6 speed manual)

I see this and instantly think undercover police.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Just picked up this 10MY R36 Passat wagon. Apologies for the disgusting camera phone pic, but I have had it for a couple of weeks now an I still haven't had the chance to take a proper photo of it.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Took the r36 for a run to the hills this weekend gone.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Much worse then that. On this trip I got 10l/100. Mind you this included 4 separate aggressive tofu/ski runs up the mountain. If anyone is interested, burnt dsg clutch smells the same as burnt normal clutch.

During the week I live centrally and ride to work. When I use the car it sits in the HIGH teens.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

nerdrum posted:

LOUVER MIATA

This is loving A E S T H E T I C and you know it. I loving love it.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Altezza I bought about a year ago. I have since fit a turbo to it but it needs to be tuned. Factory 3sge BEAMS with coilovers, strut braces and terrible corolla wheels. I have ordered wheels and FK512s that will fill the gap out better.

The chassis is great, I believe it has more welds than the is300 and is lightened somewhat. Also factory LSD and 6 speed j160 (which is the next thing I am looking at upgrading)

Edit: I have done a few other little things too like stuck a riser under the front plate so it sits better, reupholstered a factory seat to replace the tiny recaro that it came with (suitable for a tiny Japanese person with child hips)

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I also have a 99 WRX with Subaru Bigend Syndrome upgrade, awaiting a rebuild

And a DRZ400sm

lilbeefer fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 8, 2022